mazda 3 head lights

vladjan

:
Mazda3i
Hi, i have a 2004 mazda 3i, and the headlights that i have are yellow halogens, i tried everything. i put new bulbs that were supose to make the head lights project white lights but it didnt work. i switched h7 oem bulbs and but sylvania h7 bright light. i think they go about 4000 k. i really wanna make my car project white lights from head lights. Do you guys have any suggestions????

THanks Appreciated it

thank for the reply. i just wanna know how the installation works and if i could do it myself. Do you think that yellow hallogen projector would emit white lights if temperature is increased?? Which kits would u guys offer?

4500K-6000K will give you the whitest results. The install is pretty easy, they're basically plug and play.
No, HID's will not melt your headlights.

so ur saying that if i put 6000k into yellow halogen projectors, i should have white lights?
Thanks

i was also wondering which hid' or hid kits i should get. if i get an hid kit, would it do the job or i have to buy something else separately for everything to work?

you can get hid kits from sponsors which would run you from 100+ with warranty and everything you need to get them working or you can buy my set that i got sitting in my room which will cost a tad bit more because its a Prolumen kit which retails for 300. The one you buy from the sponsors will give you lifetime warranty. HID's barely give problems if they are good quality so you shouldn't have to worry about warranty but life time warranty is always a plus. Go to Dabears2k.com. If you want white i'd go with either 5000k or 6000k. I have 5000k in my car which is really white and 6000k in my altima which has a shade of purple/blue.

Question.
In order to install an HID kit, do I need to replace the whole headlight cover to get the ultimate effect.
If not, whats the difference.

My mazda dealer told me I had to replace my head covers 450 a pop.
In all, I would spend $2000.

no i believe if you just get the HID kit and install it with ballasts, its should do the job, the dealer is trying to rip u off

Question.
In order to install an HID kit, do I need to replace the whole headlight cover to get the ultimate effect.
If not, whats the difference.

My mazda dealer told me I had to replace my head covers 450 a pop.
In all, I would spend $2000.

2000 is a little low actaully. you need to replace the body control module, wiring harness and headlights. not to mention you would then have to introduce that computer into the CAN system. i'm a mazda tech and i have looked into this myself. an aftermarket kit is a much cheaper alternative

If my 3s GT is already wired with Xenon's, I should not have a problem changing the bulbs to something brighter w/ more of a blue color, correct?

oh and just to add one more thing you need to purchase the rheostat switch and harness. the switch itself costs about 175

I would go with 8000k, thats what I have in my car.
Its pretty easy to install. You dont need a harness. I know subarus do.
each hid comes with a ballast that you mount.
you can get some nice apexcones for $80

As you go above 6,000k color temp the amount of usable light decrease, OEM HID's around 4,300k color temp maybe slightly more.

the oem HIDs are 4700K, it gives them a blueish look to the headlight itself, but with no blue illumination on the road.

this is the basic break down for 55watt kits

3000k "Ion" yellow 3200 4800
4500k Pure white 3400 5000
5000k White with a tiny hint of blue 3300 4900
6000k White with a violet hue 3200 4800
8000k Sky blue 3100 4700
10000k Dark sky blue 2900 4500
12000k Darker sky blue 2700 4300

From may research as you increase color temp the amount of usable light output decreases. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Back