Mazda 2 - Best examples only!

i-6Sx9PW7.jpg

here is ours, we run a mazda (Japan and Thailand) backed super production team here in Thailand.

2013 hatch and sedan (benzine).

10435414_737235839658543_2832773492542114138_n.jpg

and our new 2014 hatch (diesel), we will be building a 2014 diesel sedan as well.

11065547_818454511536675_6187127188861655849_n.jpg

Love how your 2016 Mazda 2 looks. Looks great. Can you share what you guys have done to the engines and if you have put together turbo kits for the 2007-14 Mazda 2. Thanks!

here is ours, we run a mazda (Japan and Thailand) backed super production team here in Thailand.

2013 hatch and sedan (benzine).

10435414_737235839658543_2832773492542114138_n.jpg

and our new 2014 hatch (diesel), we will be building a 2014 diesel sedan as well.

11065547_818454511536675_6187127188861655849_n.jpg

Sorry Font, no turbo's on the 2013 2's. Super production rules dictate the mods allowed.

inlet and exhaust mods only but must use "oem looking" inlet manifold/throttle body and not allowed to change cams. both have 150hp.

The 2016 is stock at the moment as it is a new build. mods are basically free but must run a 34mm inlet restrictor (before turbo).

Care to elaborate in what it takes to get 150hp out of the DA motor? A parts source would be helpful if you are willing to divulge.

Very interesting. We would ALL like to know what you did exactly to get 150hp out of the engine. Very, VERY interested. Care to share?

Sorry Font, no turbo's on the 2013 2's. Super production rules dictate the mods allowed.

inlet and exhaust mods only but must use "oem looking" inlet manifold/throttle body and not allowed to change cams. both have 150hp.

The 2016 is stock at the moment as it is a new build. mods are basically free but must run a 34mm inlet restrictor (before turbo).

I'd love to hear this too. My old 318is was a non-vvt 1.8 and got 135hp....Can you change pistons?

Sorry guys cannot say. basically all components are OEM albeit heavily modified. (except exhaust manifold, it is 4 into 1, tube size and primary length I do not know).

Literally hundreds of dyno and development hours between here Thailand (race team home), Australia (Engine builder) and Japan (Mazda Engineers).

Understand the competition silence, I would also if I found a way to add 50% more power to an otherwise stock block. Nice to know Mazda Corporate was involved.

I'm sure race fuel is a BIG part of that number too... Just to keep things in perspective.

5hp? 7 maybe, but 50? Not sure race fuel and tune gets you that far. Especially on the stock cam. I'm thinking head work is the key, and the tuning to go along with it. He doesn't say if it's an overbore or not, but there's got to be some magic inside to keep it from detonation.

5hp? 7 maybe, but 50? Not sure race fuel and tune gets you that far. Especially on the stock cam. I'm thinking head work is the key, and the tuning to go along with it. He doesn't say if it's an overbore or not, but there's got to be some magic inside to keep it from detonation.

Yeah but 5-7hp of 50 is still 10-14% of the way there over the 100hp stock rating.

I'd guess extensive headwork, reground cam for more effective lift, shaved head and/or material added to the combustion chambers for more compression, lightened/balanced bottom end, etc. Will get you there.

Never mind any difference in types of dyno(s) being used for comparison, etc.

Tony (Flatlander):

Car looks GRRRRRRRREAT! Congratulations on a job well done, sir!

Thanks!

And I see what you did there. (doh)

Sorry guys cannot say. basically all components are OEM albeit heavily modified. (except exhaust manifold, it is 4 into 1, tube size and primary length I do not know).

Literally hundreds of dyno and development hours between here Thailand (race team home), Australia (Engine builder) and Japan (Mazda Engineers).

Who is your engine builder in Australia? More interested to see who can build these engines up. Was it Dashsport?

Also the De5fs seems to be running the knight sports rear drum covers. Did these make a difference?

Last edited:
Who is your engine builder in Australia? More interested to see who can build these engines up. Was it Dashsport?

Also the De5fs seems to be running the knight sports rear drum covers. Did these make a difference?

Not dashsport, engine builder is ex gibson motorsport from the godzilla skyline days, Ill ask if I can give out his name and let you know.

Not sure if the rear drums make any difference, we are affiliated with them (we have their RX8 here in Thailand and campaign it as well) so we just put the product on.

Yes I am fully aware of Gibson Motorsport. No need to get his personal details for me. The engine does not need a rebuild just yet.
I was curious about those rear drums but never knew if the high price was worth it.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Back