maybe a dumb CAI question...

so ive learned that the Injen CAI's arent the best investment for HP.. ambient isnt always cold.. and I need another 3974 posts to be cool

woo-hoo!!

ICURWeTodid said:
so ive learned that the Injen CAI's arent the best investment for HP.. ambient isnt always cold.. and I need another 3974 posts to be cool

woo-hoo!!
LOL:D

There is not argument to discuss. "Cold", "Cool", and "Ambient" are relative words. You cant argue about that. What's your deal?

"Guys we need t clear things up a little. There is no such thing as a COLD AIR INTAKE system unless you are getting air from a refrigerator or live in alaska. PERIOD. It is called fresh AMBIENT air."

If I was arrogant, I feel that you were too.

ashevansracing said:
There is not argument to discuss. "Cold", "Cool", and "Ambient" are relative words. You cant argue about that. What's your deal?

"Guys we need t clear things up a little. There is no such thing as a COLD AIR INTAKE system unless you are getting air from a refrigerator or live in alaska. PERIOD. It is called fresh AMBIENT air."

If I was arrogant, I feel that you were too.

OK listen bud. Those three words have completely different meanings when dealing with temperature. THEY are only relative when discussing the catagory of temperature as a whole , NOT an actual degree . BUT **** it who cares. I am commenting (was) on the fact that it is truely NOT cold air and that many tests have been done to prove that in most cases it will not yield the HP potential they claim. PERIOD

And in regards to the way you took my phrase....... Well would you feel better if i said i was sorry:(

OK here it is...... sorry :'(

ashevansracing said:
There is not argument to discuss. "Cold", "Cool", and "Ambient" are relative words. You cant argue about that.

if we're playing the word game, then i would disagree - ambient is not relative - unlike the others, it is not finite and measurable. it simply describes the surroundings.

cold and cool - yes

just my .02

(3973 to go - woo hoo!)

Yo PERF! You punk ass mofo!!!

Hey, while we are on the subject - not of you being a punk ass mofo( that was just a joke ) but on the subject of SRI and CAI, I was planning to buy the Injen CAI with the AEM bypass Valve. Do you think I would be better off with the AEM SRI??

Oh - and are you planning to go to that 2nd NJ meet - the one at the show on the 21st?

BLAH...BLAH...hot ,cold,ambient, warm,freezing.... :bs: who cares anymore! lets stick to the original post and give the guy some info. stop hijacking the thread!

Last edited:
I feel bad for the poor guy who originally posted a simple question. Now he has to page through going on 2 pages of arguments. Regardless, it is getting interesting and as always, entertaining.

Micah said:

Hey, while we are on the subject - not of you being a punk ass mofo( that was just a joke ) but on the subject of SRI and CAI, I was planning to buy the Injen CAI with the AEM bypass Valve. Do you think I would be better off with the AEM SRI??

Oh - and are you planning to go to that 2nd NJ meet - the one at the show on the 21st?

Don't get the by-pass valve. It will remove any gains you would get from the intake. Unless you drive through a few feet of water you don't need to worry about hydrolocking. In all honesty the best bang for your buck is an ebay SRI for $40. Unless you want to pay $180 more for a lousy 1-2HP.

I agree, I bought it, for some reason. Then I got to thinking it would pull in air from the engine compartment killing the vacuum. I'm not a scientist though. I feel some difference, not much though. It feels a little more responsive. I think with intakes, results are going to be negligible. It's more your own taste etc. It's a popular mod and people seem to have mostly positive things to say about them.

On our engines an intake is all about throttle response, a little more tourqe in higher bands and the noise. HP gains are almost non-existent. Most people get the Injen CAI for the looks.

Micah said:

I think you should go with an intake like the injen because of where it is getting its air source. Some may disagree but that is my opinion. i know the charge will be compressed but it is easier to compress a denser air charge.
The AEM IMO is a waste of money for the location. You'll be fine without it

Micah said:

oh yeah i am going to the meet ! the beast will be on the road!!

perf and I are finally on the same page.... I appologize for being not so cool earlier.

Maybe one day I will have a lot of posts too...but I am new to this forum.

I used to own a Ford Ranger and was a member of:

www.therangerstation.com

This forum is much more FUN!!

ashevansracing said:
perf and I are finally on the same page.... I appologize for being not so cool earlier.

Maybe one day I will have a lot of posts too...but I am new to this forum.

I used to own a Ford Ranger and was a member of:

www.therangerstation.com

This forum is much more FUN!!
Its cool i was only kidding about the post thing. I just noticed you were new from your avatar. Not neccesarily your post count:D
Me too every light truck i had was a ranger.

"SWEEEEETTAAAAAH"

"What does mine say"

Awesome, I can't wait to see what you have done. I've decided not to build a laptop after all. I am saving up to go turbo. Only thing that sucks is that I can only save about $200 a month. On the plus side I have an extra paycheck (967.69) which comes twice a year. One in August 03, then January 04, then July 04. So, with some quick math, and allowing myself $500 for X-mas shopping - by next summer, I should have the money needed to add 5 p.s.i.

Now the real question is can I stand to save for that long.

Back