LX front grill

Leppy

:
1990 300ZX Twin Turbo 5-speed
Forgive me if it's been repeated, but my search yeilded no results.

Does anyone make a replacement front upper grill for the stock LX style bumper? All I find is for the 'speed/MP3/P5 style. I wanna revamp my US-spec LX bumper and implement aftermarket fogs without getting a new front end.

Any and all help would be appreiciated.

No, if you want to redo it, you will have to convert it to a MP3/MazdaSpeed/P5 for the front end. I am surprised that nobody has made any thing for the sedans.

yeah, I just messaged SilviaParts.com to see what they say about it, too. Maybe we can get something started? Even if I have to build a replacement grill... but i don't wanna use mesh... might have to shop around.

I tried gutter guards, but they were not long enough :( I ended up painting them using trim paint (made for plastic), but already it is peeling and it has been maybe a year so I wouldn't bother with that either.

I could try to use Krylon Fusion on my stock grill, but that wouldn't be custom enough for my tastes... It's still an option, though. If I could, i'd photoshop my current front end with silver inserts.

Still waiting on Sylviaparts.com to mail me back.

dude its so easy to make a new upper grill...take it off the car and start lookin at it..it'll come to you...its not quick but not hard....time consuming yes...

The previous 3rd Gens are easy to customize, but the later is harder because of the larger Mazda emblem in the middle of the grill. I tried making templates and cutting out gutter guards for each "half" of the upper grill, but it didn't work. I tried it twice and cut up my hands and s*** in the process. It would be nice if there was a way to buy inserts or the entire grill.

check silviaparts.com's post on the AutoExe style grill in the 3rd gen forum. I'm just gonna get one of those when he gives the word that they're being made. and just compliment them with a matched-color mesh for the lower half, and creating a custom fog-light housing.

cut out ALL the mesh, use snips,a dremel, sandpaper etc to remove all of it, even the stiff right under the chrome or blac trima cross the top...then wrap with gutter guard and voila...

Back