LSD or something else just broke?

Rally Ninja

:
MSP
I was driving home this morning and went to stop at an intersection. I went to go and then the car stopped wanting to go. I didn't hear any odd noises except for high RPM and no movement.

Now the car wont go move in ANY gear.

In first it makes no noise. In second it makes a very small kinda grinding sound.

How would I know if its the LSD or something else?

=(

honestly i would say lsd, mine would go into gear and grind a lil bit but when i tried to move it it made horrible noise and didnt move haha

time to go shopping for an LSD I guess....An Xmas gift I really didnt need or want..

Any idea how labor hours I would expect from a shop?

8hrs is what they'll quote ya....or atleast that what they did mine in. That included taking the new LSD to Lokar for welding. I ended up paying, well that is my insurance payed ~1200 total to R&R the LSD.

Thanks for the quotes guys.

Is this the right part # for the LSD? GS01-27-190A

already did a search on google and thats the only one i can find so far

$361.08 at mazdaspeedmotorsports.

ya wat msp2024 said i did exactly that also but installed it myself cuz i hat to raplace ALL motor mounts also

Any clue if the part # above is for the revised lsd? I'll probably end up dropping a G on this and trading this headache in. I held out as long as I could (sad1)

all mazda and we sell is the revised LSD. our price includes new lock nuts, new bearings as well as the welding service. you cannot install the LSD without the nuts and bearings.

G5R0-27-350B from all the searches I've done, this seems to be the part # for the bearings but I can't find it in any mazda parts store online. including onlinemazdaparts............. did they change the # or something?

Back