LSD Failure LIST

i bought my car at 24,000 miles, it was done right before i bought the car. the lsd failed at 28,033, exploded at 35,540, (transmission replaced) and the lsd gave out at 41,603. and the 5th gear synchro broke. now at 42,008 with a quaife diff, no problems yet,

laracroft said:
My g*d, what the hell happened? Is this AFTER it was rebuilt or from a new LSD? I only pray that mine's stays strong for at least another 6 months or a year from now so I can recover from the couple of grand I just dumped into building up my engine. I've got 27,500 on my car now and I've already had to replace so much. I'm a hard working girl, but damn, if that happens, I dont want to get a second job or sell my plasma for a new LSD. :(

Sry for the lateness....I busted my stock lsd at around 15k miles and then had it replaced by a new unit ( under warrenty) by my dealer. I go to the drag races 2 times a month and also drive aggresively at times ( I love driving it ), so having my car well equiped with my mods I will have to stay away from the dealer and get a new one.... Which i plan on ordering one welded unit from Protege Garage on friday... Just treat it well and you won't have a problem...

gboromsp said:
gboromsp, 48,600 miles. It was time, I knew it could happen anyday. I should have it back by friday.

Funny...we both bought our cars in OCT 03 and both have 48,600 miles.

I've been searching this broken diff subject for quite a while now and have not found the answer:

Does anyone know of a verified revised diff (no spring) being broken?

All the photos I've seen here and on other forums of broken MSP diffs have the spring (ie, pre-revision).

Any insight would be appreciated.

weld it... we can do it... but yeah.. if you weld it you will NOT break it... also, wheel hop is a big reason for them cracking... so take it easier on launches and they'll last.

mspeed101 said:
Nope! First one wasnt warrantied either.

that sucks!!! called me mike when you have time!!! Im selling my msp soon and i will get the mazdaspeed 3 !!!

well mine broke last night turning a corner and getting on it just heard a loud pop thats all she wrote.ive got 45,000 miles

Last edited:
Built Mazdaspeed Trans.

To whomever is interested:

I just blew cylinder #4 and I will be bringing the car back to stock. On Oct 05, I blew the stock LSD. I had the trans rebuilt w./ a Quaife ATB LSD, then in March 06, second gear and both main shaft broke. So now I have a built trans. with a Quafie LSD and cryo-treated gears, main shafts, and syncros. I have spent a great deal to get it race ready, but now that the motor went I do not have the patience. I would like to know if anyone would be interested in the built trans? I have receipts, warranty cards, and RO receipts for all the work. If anyone is interested I will gladdly forward photos of everything.

jvjcivil

Mine Broke today @ 37637 miles.

Not even going to try warranty.

Its at TBK performance right now. Manny is going to put in a welded MSP unit and the Exeedy clutch I had just bought.

Back