LSD Failure LIST

125k i don't think its blown....this is my first FWD car how can you tell that its broken? would it just be making horrible noises? or are there other symptoms

i have 106666 and im still running strong. how do you break a lsd

burning out,burning out while turning, launching it or "spirited driving" with stock motor mounts/ ripped motor mounts...or it could just decide to go. It is kind of unpredictable. I did a few short burnouts when I first got my car(when I didn't really know anything about it) and one day I was just cruising on my way to the store and at 40mph, it just decided to pop. I wasn't boosting or anything. I am still on my second LSD and that happened in 2007. I was in Iraq from nov 07 til jan 09 so I have driven it during that timeframe. Thanks to this forum, I learned a lot about this car and it has kept me from turning up the boost on stock internals and launching with stock motor mounts and LSD.

125k i don't think its blown....this is my first FWD car how can you tell that its broken? would it just be making horrible noises? or are there other symptoms

When my first LSD snapped, it wouldn't let me go anywhere. But for some reason, I could move the car slowly as long as the rpm stayed below 1500. Anything above that and it would make this harsh squealing sound and the car would not move any more. It was like that in every gear including reverse. Tranny shop tried to tell me it was the clutch until they ripped the tranny open and saw that that clutch looked brand new.

i threat my car like a *****, i alway hit high rpm, but i have awr motor i hope it wont snap on me any time soon.

i blew mine at the track in october... about 78000 i think? it was my own fault for running the car too hard in a type of racing it wasn't designed for (drag). ordered my welded one in november and i'm still waiting for it to get here..... grrrr....

i blew mine at the track in october... about 78000 i think? it was my own fault for running the car too hard in a type of racing it wasn't designed for (drag). ordered my welded one in november and i'm still waiting for it to get here..... grrrr....
from whom if I may ask...

I'm joining the broken LSD club at 136,000 miles.
Don't know if the LSD was replaced before, there were a couple of owners before me.

i think i have earned my rite of passage...... 76000 miles. i got the car at 50,103.7 miles. i drove the mess out of that thing. 4 people learned to drive standard in that car, i have drag raced it, burnouts like crazy, on my fourth set of tires, drove for 2 months with a broken transmission mount, donuts..... drifting... sorta, no lift shift on normal driving, hydroplaned one time and spun three times on the interstate,

all in all i would say mine held up pretty good, but nontheless, its gone.

i think i have earned my rite of passage...... 76000 miles. i got the car at 50,103.7 miles. i drove the mess out of that thing. 4 people learned to drive standard in that car, i have drag raced it, burnouts like crazy, on my fourth set of tires, drove for 2 months with a broken transmission mount, donuts..... drifting... sorta, no lift shift on normal driving, hydroplaned one time and spun three times on the interstate,

all in all i would say mine held up pretty good, but nontheless, its gone.

i thought i broke my lsd monday but i checked the motor to find out it was only my belts hahah safe for now. im at 111000 still holding up and hitting the turns

lol just took mine out at 99xxx miles and it still looks good. swappin mfactory in though

Back