LRP Camping Thread 2011

Fireglow6

:
2012 Mazda 6 iSport
Ok so for those of us camping at LRP this year.... What we need to do is figure who is camping, how many spots we need, and if anyone is bringing fire pits and what not for the camping portion, as we know the AARP guys dont camp out....

I can bring my little fire bowl again.

I will be bringing marshmallows for the kiddies(big and little), some graham crackers and hersheys for s'mores!

I'm camping as well. I'll have all of my camping gear. Bringing all of the party essentials, and even some firewood for the fire bowl. I'll also have a +1, not sure what she's bringing. Also planning on getting a campsite, I get the feeling we may need 3-4, just so we don't have to set up and tear down every day.

If anyone wants to share spots or needs a tent to crash in, I may have room....still waiting for the wife to decide....I told her she needs to figure it out quick!

We're camping. I would bring my grill again but the regulator is all f'ed up. It won't stay on anymore... a replacement is more than the cost of the grill. Might go buy another one but I'm up in the air.. I'd rather spend that money on a big one for my deck. I'll keep you guys posted but if someone else has one, that would be awesome. We had two last year and it seemed like we really needed both. Cheo had the other one.

I hate to be pessimistic but I'm also trying to be realistic... do you really think we'll be able to get 3-4 spaces next to each other???

The spots are first come, first served, so it will be possible to get spots next to each other.... If we have some people to claim space.

I have 5 short tiki torches with lots of fuel that I can bring for some extra light.

My concern is other groups picking and choosing spots so that there are only a couple next to each other. Then again, how many camped last year? Twelve? How many are definitely camping this year? If it's around twelve again, we only need two spots, right?

CAMPING:
1) /RX-8XChick
2) Tautochrone
3) WGaston
4) FlippyFloppy
5) El Viejo Cheo (Jose) ***
6) Hose B (Jose Jr.) ***
7) Intellekt (Jacob)
8) xfz -Brian

***I'm assuming these people are camping

Last edited:
Definately planning on camping, I need to buy my camping ticket I guess and plan on getting up there Thursday after work. I have a tent, chairs, tarp for common area, stove, bunch of camping goodies. May try to put together a travel "pong" table. Let me know what else I can contribute.

CAMPING:
1) /RX-8XChick
2) Tautochrone
3) WGaston
4) FlippyFloppy
5) El Viejo Cheo (Jose) ***
6) Hose B (Jose Jr.) ***
7) Intellekt (Jacob)
8) xfz -Brian

***I'm assuming these people are camping
9)James
10)Will's +1
11-14)Tony's family??

I'm pretty sure the Hoses are camping.

Just read some more on the new camping rules.... It is advised to make reservations for a camp site BEFORE the day of the event. We should be reserving 2 campsites at least at this point. "Camping at Lime Rock is on a “first come, first served” basis, by calling the Track Office in advance to make a reservation." "Note: Campers can show up without a reservation and pay the $10 site fee at the gate, but we recommend reserving ahead of time. Site selection is “first come, first served.” We let campers into the facility to set up beginning at 6:00 p.m. the night before (usually Thursday) the first day of the race weekend."

I will be there at 6pm on Thursday...I think Brian said he would be joining me. Sooooo I think we hsould get 3 sites just to be safe....and have more room.

Yeah, I'm going to go out Thursday night for the land rush, I may or may not stay depending on my work situation but we're gonna need to get some spots and I can put a tent up and then leave as long as someone is staying. I have to take a look but I'm pretty sure that they only allow 6 people per allotted campsite but more importantly each site is only 20x40. That is really only enough room to squeeze in two tents. I think it's best to figure out how many tents we're gonna have and that will correlate to the campsites.

In another note there's a no open fire pit rule as well, might be able to get away with it if it has a cover.

After a pretty lengthy discussion last night, James and I decided we're not going to camp this year. I'm more than willing to come up on Thursday and help people set up if they want the help. If someone from the camping group wants to take responsibility for the tiki torches, you guys can use them. I'll be there all 4 days bright and early and James will be there Sunday and Monday (has to work Fri-Sat).

I think the "no open fire" rule is more for preventing people from building bonfires or fires with out a fire pit (aka building a stone ring and burning on the ground). I'm going to try and make it for the land rush, but we'll see how that all works out.

The "HOSES" are camping, new portable grill for those delicious bacon and eggs breakfast in the morning. Raise your hand if you participated of that smorgasbord form Chef Cheo.

But seriously we need to find out how are we going to be together. Right now don't know if I am going to be there Thursday evening or Friday morning. Not sure how this is going to work out.

beep-beep Jenn

The "HOSES" are camping, new portable grill for those delicious bacon and eggs breakfast in the morning. Raise your hand if you participated of that smorgasbord form Chef Cheo.

But seriously we need to find out how are we going to be together. Right now don't know if I am going to be there Thursday evening or Friday morning. Not sure how this is going to work out.

beep-beep Jenn

This is exactly what I've been wondering. I don't want to get the ticket, pay for camping and then be several campsites away.

Well, hopefully, we'll be able to get an accurate count of how many people are going, in total, so we can grab the proper amount of adjacent spots. If there's 18 of us, we can grab 3 adjacent spots, and set up tents as need be, I presume (or however many people/sites we need). I think we have me, Brian and Gary going to the "land grab" (and maybe Jenn?), so we'll be able to get up to 4 spots adjacent to eachother. Which even being genereous with how many people are camping, will cover everybody (or so I think).

I can help with the land grab if you need me. Has anyone called to reserve a campsite? They do recommend calling and reserving..

Back