Lowest Mileage MP5's

What caused your engine to blow? I'm terrified of that happening to me. :(

#4 Spun Rod Bearing.

But don't worry, if it ever happens you can pick up a full P5 engine with low miles from ProtegeGarage for only $999.95! lol

#4 Spun Rod Bearing.

But don't worry, if it ever happens you can pick up a full P5 engine with low miles from ProtegeGarage for only $999.95! lol

Wow. A thousand dollars, I was hoping to pay that much. I was just about to suggest that much. hahah Dane Cook is a silly b****.

I think I win....374 miles. I have 2 Protege 5s, one I never used since I purchased it from my brother. That is the one with the low mileage.

My bro and I purchased 2 P5 in 2003 brand new. Bro found out his wife is pregnant again and needed a bigger car, he only had it for a month and I just love these cars so much I bought it from him. His car is stored at my Parents house in Oregon, I live in southern Calif. That's why it's never driven much. I'm actually here now in Oregon to take this picture. My Dad wants me to drive it home now, he wants his space back in his garage.

Holy cow! It's not even broke in yet. Keep us posted on how the trip back goes.

The basic reason is the p5 being a 135hp auto sport-shift weighing in at a hefty 3600 lbs

That doesn't sound right at all.

This is from Edmunds.com
Curb Weight: 2,716 lbs.

They list the Gross weight at 3,611, that means the weight the factory says it can safely carry fully loaded with cargo or people.

An example of 3600 lb is a 2002 BMW 525i wagon

After all these years of it sitting there the gas is probably bad (if any), the battery is probably dead, the oil hasn't circulated which means the gaskets are probably degraded. Just because it doesn't have many miles doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the motor is f*ckd. And the motor wouldn't be the only thing wrong.
But I hope the best, and tell me what happens with it. : ) good luck.

Oh I should of mentioned that my dad drives the car once a week just around the block and lets it idle for 30 mins., he also changes the oil every 6 months and he just had the transmission oil flushed as well as the coolant just recently. He even flushed the brake fluids. The battery was replaced last year with an Optima Red top. Even the recall on the butterfly screws was already done under warranty for this car. So the car runs great no problems. When I bought the car from my bro it only had 40 miles on it, the 374 miles as of now was from my dad driving it around the block once a week since new. He doesn't like to use the car because he thinks it's too small for him, besides my dad is a tall guy 6'4, even with the front seat all the way back he still doesn't fit. I will be leaving Oregon next weekend to drive the car back home, my dad is so happy about it he will finally get his space back in his garage. He did say he will miss the little guy(P5). He really loved maintaining this car.

Last edited:

Attachments

• odo.jpg
    odo.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 113
And so ends another random thread... I have to say, 5 pages (or 74 posts) up till now in less than a week is pretty damn good for such a redundant random thread... this has probably been one of the top 5 recent threads! (not including the stickys) (lol)

I believe I am in the running for the lowest mileage, I have an '03 with 18,000 original. I bought it last month with 15,100. I dirve crazy miles so I always look for used cars with low miles.
I just placed a post with mpg and rpm/mph questions, 11/16/2007. Please check it out and reply with comparisons to your cars.

Thanks
JJBroc

Attachments

• speed3.jpg
    speed3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 104
  • speedo2.jpg
    speedo2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 111
Back