Lowering Springs and Camber Kit?????

dima_rus

Hey guys, I need some help with lowering springs.

It will soon be warm (hopefully) and my summer wheels are waiting for me :)
The thing is that I can't decide if I want to lower my car. In a way I think it is low enough specially for the size of the car, but if the wheel gap will be huge I might be considering lowering it a bit. BTW, I will be running 225/40/18 +45offset, if you guys have pics of not lower Mazda5 with the same size wheels I'd like to see it.

The actual question is, which springs will give me about 1' drop? Will it require a Camber Kit? Will I need to roll rear fenders?

Thanks in advance
Dima

I have the H&Rs springs. The drop so far seems to be 1.5 all around. I did put 18s on so its not as low. And your gonna need a camber kit.

Good luck!

Attachments

• CIMG4571.JPG
    CIMG4571.JPG
    348.9 KB · Views: 619
Naah ! Too low for winter driving. I compared with stock 350Z MZ5 is about the same definitely lower than stock camry

Well, another thing is that I'm getting the front lip, which will make the car look lower, and I don't want to be slowing down to 5kph going over a speed bump or getting off the driveway.

wmzda5, you are not lowered, are you?

Well, another thing is that I'm getting the front lip, which will make the car look lower, and I don't want to be slowing down to 5kph going over a speed bump or getting off the driveway.

Yeah....you can do the H&Rs, install the camber kit, have a front lip/splitter and drive all year round. I have this setup on my 5 and live in Calgary. Granted we don't have as much snow as Toronto, but you guys get your streets plowed and we don't so you'd be okay with this setup.
Anthony

Yeah....you can do the H&Rs, install the camber kit, have a front lip/splitter and drive all year round. I have this setup on my 5 and live in Calgary. Granted we don't have as much snow as Toronto, but you guys get your streets plowed and we don't so you'd be okay with this setup.
Anthony

how much did the whole set up cost you, considering you installed it yourself?

No Im not. with the present height of the car its difficult climbing those snow trailings, the snow plows leave especially on on/off ramps when your coming from 100kph+. Good thing with the MZ5, its so light that as soon as you climb on the snow (6-8in deep) its so light that it just rides on top. Never been stuck in deep snow with my Yoko IG20.

Actually I just put my 18' wheels on today and pretty happy with the wheel gap. First thing I will get my front lip and see how it looks. Based on that I will make a decision whether or not I should lower the car.

Thanks everybody for your inputs

Dima

Last edited:
Another question for you guys, I just read that MS3 springs will give me about 1' drop all around. I wonder what happens if I don't get the Camber kit with that set up?

dima_rus -

I have been reading the same thing. I might be looking for a slight drop, but don't want to fuss with camber kits.

Would the absence of a camber kit throw my suspension out?
Can I run MS3 spring with stock struts/shocks? Or will they blow in time anyway?

I have a VW Golf TDI lowered on stock VW GTI 337 (special edition) springs that dropped me about 1". It looks perfect IMO.

Looking to do the same w/ the M5.
michael.

I don't think running speer3 springs would affect your struts/shocks much. I had MS springs on my mazda 6, that gave me 2' drop, had them for 2 years with no problem at all. As for the camber kit, I'll have to see it for myself. Everybody's opinion seems to be different on this issue.

Dima

It looks like I might pick up a set of MS3 stock springs then.

1" drop would be perfect. From what I've seen in this thread, "atito" is too low for me. Looks like he is about 1.5" - 2.0" drop from stock M5 ride.

However, if I can get some MS3 springs and some 18" MS3 rims - I'd be set.

michael.

i have the H&R springs, hotchkis sway bars and mazdaspeed camber kit. consider buying struts to match a setup like that.

Back