Looky at what i just got

twiztedjeckel

:
'04 SVT Focus
teh UPS fairy was kind enough to drop this off earlier for me so it was here when i got home. should be installed by this weekend at the latest.

Attachments

• kitty.jpg
    kitty.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 829
twiztedjeckel said:
teh UPS fairy was kind enough to drop this off earlier for me so it was here when i got home. should be installed by this weekend at the latest.
Nice lights @$$hole. :D
Why don't you tell everyone else what you got coming?
Are you going to want some help with those are do you want the Rotary Expert to install them?

the rotary expert does not get to help but you do assman. bring your rubbers with you as well.

the lights are 4500K low/high beam setup. i don't know about you guys but i'm not up on my japanese

Attachments

• kitty2.jpg
    kitty2.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 481
that is a very nice kit. that will be one of the first mods after the BOV for the MSP when my gf gets it.

It should be a simple install, ground power, and headlight (low/highbeam) inputs.

just need to find a good spot for the ballasts.

How does the ballasts get installed? Do we need to drill any holes in the engine bay for them to get fitted? oor can they just be twisted tied to something?

What bulb # is our car's using?

and please, post some damn pics. I have seen the hell out of those kits for sell, specially on ebay, and I just wanna see what they look like, you are the first to have them that I know of.
Mike

nevermind, i see H4 written on the spec sheet.
btw, how many bulbs are in ou headlights?
I notice at night when we don't turn our headlights on. the daylight running and low beams don't make much of a differences. Are they sharing the same bulb? is that why?

Time for HID's...stock headlight bulbs are useless.

how much did u paid for including shipping? I am thinking of getting one set... I used to have HID on my P5 too, I sold them and I kinda getting mad without them now.

also, you realize you have to disable the DRL otherwise it will flash the hell out of it.....

Limited Edition said:
How does the ballasts get installed? Do we need to drill any holes in the engine bay for them to get fitted? oor can they just be twisted tied to something?

What bulb # is our car's using?
After finding the ideal location they probably will be ziptied some place.
Yes they are standard H4's like most headlights and all of the protege's, except the P5 which uses H7's I believe.

MikeBlueP5 said:
and please, post some damn pics. I have seen the hell out of those kits for sell, specially on ebay, and I just wanna see what they look like, you are the first to have them that I know of.
Mike
We will both take pictures with our digital camera's, I also want to get a picture with one side upgraded and one side stock.

I was wondering about that with the canadian p5s and the MSP/MP3s, I dont know how the DRLs work on these cars. I know on the good ole 01 s10 my woman has the DRLs are actually the high beams just a drop in voltage to them (they arent all too bright) and when darkness falls the DRLs switch off autmatically and the headlights come on. this can only be bypassed in the 00 newer model s10s by pressing the dome light override switch 3 times. some weird shiznit. But anyhow we just got some HIDs for her truck, they should be here thursday at he latest, lemme know if you guys want pics. I know its not a mazda but what the hell just to show the kits.
Mike

Limited Edition said:
nevermind, i see H4 written on the spec sheet.
btw, how many bulbs are in ou headlights?
I notice at night when we don't turn our headlights on. the daylight running and low beams don't make much of a differences. Are they sharing the same bulb? is that why?

Time for HID's...stock headlight bulbs are useless.
Yes H4's are single bulb lights.
I think the stock lights are pretty nice on Protege's, please don't b**** about the stock lighting until you've rode in a FD RX-7 with stock lights at night.

same question. how much???

I am really considering the same kit. or the one from misterjung or the one from autolamps-online.com

you guys really need to be careful when ordering a set of HID replacements.there's alot of s*** floating around the internet like alot of the stuff you'll find on ebay. alot of the cheap korean knockoffs you have to actually drill the base of the buld so it can be fitted securly into your car. not something alot of people are going to want to do but if they can save a couple hundred of the allmighty bucks they do it. check these links and you'll get alot of great info like i've found.

http://www.intellexual.net/hid.htm

http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/headlight-menu1.htm

Yellow:
1500 k Candlelight
2700-2900 k Yellow painted fog halogen bulbs
-------------------------------
Yellowish white:
3200 k Sunrise/sunset
3200 k Premium H7 non painted halogen bulb
3400 k 1 hour from dusk/dawn
-------------------------------
White:
4100 k Philips/Osram OEM HID D2S
5500 k Bright sunny daylight around noon
----------------
Blueish white
5500-5600 k Electronic photo flash
6000 k Philips Ultinon HID D2S
6500-7500 k Overcast sky
-----------------
Blue:
9000-12000 k Blue sky
-----------------
Purple:
28000 Northern sky
12000-30000 k Ultra Violet light (black light)

a couple of the most important things to remember is that Philips and Osram are the main manufacturers of factory HID's so odds are if you find somebody offering "PHILIPS HID's" then they're probably just the ballasts so don't fall for it. another is the kelvin rating on the lights. the higer you go the more blueish-purple they tend to get. whether it be different gases inside the bulbs or some kind of tint on them they become more useless as well. this explains why i went with the 4500K RISING WHITE. its about the purest white color you can get.

Last edited:
and last time i checked the US cars don't have day time running lights so nothing will be cutoff or dissabled.

also, with alot of the HID kits that are available they only come with a low beam,there's no true high beam HID. different companies use different methods of acheiving the high beam whether its by using mirrors or moving the bulb. the CATZ system's high beam actually has the bulb move back into the housing more which creates a wider pattern when you flip the highs on.

with the normal HID kits, when you flip the highs on the lights completly shut off from what i've heard. not exactly a mistake you want to make to many times

Last edited:
The autolamps-online H4 Hylow kit uses electronics to shift the location of the arc within the tube to get the effect of highbeams. Seems interesting, I'm just not sure if I trust the Worldpay system that they use for billing: too many horror stories about Pay Pal....

Back