Looking for some advice

ngd298

:
'11 Mazda2 5MT, '05 Silverado 5MT, '87 RX7 Sport, Grom, Ninja300
So, I hit a deer last night, the 3rd one I've hit with the Mazda 2 this year. I don't have the money to fix it right now, so my options are either let it sit for a few months until I have the money, or sell it. Kind of leaning toward selling it. Do you guys think I could get the $6,750 I need to pay it off, or should I fix it and then try to sell it? It's going to need a hood, bumper, both fenders, both bumper brackets, headlight, and both passenger doors are dented up.

>>YIKES!<<. Sorry to see that. Are you OK? I'm not sure what to recommend. I guess it comes down to whether you feel like you love the car enough to repair it at that cost. Serious bummer...

I'm fine..didn't even feel the impact, just saw a deer and then heard some crunchy noises. I am very blessed to be okay...and to not have been on my bike..haha. I LOVE the car, and I'm really attached to it, but I just don't drive it much anymore. I have my $500 beater car (geo metro) that I drive almost everywhere that gets 49-54 mpg, so really the only time the 2 gets driven is when I visit my girlfriend that goes to school in Roanoke, which is a 400-450 mile round trip. I calculated that if I take my truck each trip will cost $20 more, which isn't that bad 3-5 times a month. Part of me wants to keep it, but I'll have to pay a few grand, plus finish the almost 7k worth of payments, so I just don't know if it's worth it for a car that I like but rarely drive.

you've hit 3(!) deers with the mazda 2? That's insane... Glad you're ok though.

What are you going to do with the car? Is insurance going to fix it? Do you know how much you'll get for selling it?

The Geo saves you $600 in gas about 15k miles. Factor in insurance, registration, maintenance, repairs and it's probably a wash, plus you're driving a metro...

If i was in your situation, ride the bike and drive mazda more.

Selling the 2 for $6,500. This includes all the mods in my signature, plus all the stock parts, a set of cs adjustable struts that were refurbished by cs and never installed, an extra set of tires, and a few oil changes. The only stock part I don't have is the wheels.

Pm me for more info

The Mazda 2 has been sold. It went to a good friend of mine who is a big time car guy. Don't worry though, I'm not going anywhere. I'll still be here to bug everyone and help out when I can (lol2). Plus, I'll still be on the RX-7 part of the forum. I sold my 2003 S10 on the same day as well. Kind of a sad day, honestly.

Yesterday I put a deposit down on a new Nissan Frontier PRO-4X crew cab in Metallic Blue. 6 speed manual of course. (yes) Only one like it in the whole country.

02.jpg

Back