looking for help 2008 mazda cx9

kspew

:
2008 mazda cx9
when i drive over 70 km per hr my car stutters. I have put gas line cleaner through when it first happened and it helped for a while but problem is back, any ideas?

Might be a fuel filter/pump? Is the car misfiring? Check engine light on/flashing?

Might be a fuel filter/pump? Is the car misfiring? Check engine light on/flashing?

no it does not misfire, it just stutters and hesitates when I go over 60-70 km (40 mph) per hr and the check engine light flashes. I can get up to 100 km (60 mph) and it runs okay as long as my foot is not on the gas (if i use cruise control to get and stay at steady speed. Do you think I am doing any damage buy driving it as my mechanic has gone on holidays till September.
Thank you for your advice
bill

Flashing check engine light usually is a misfire. Go to an auto parts store and see if you can get the codes read for free.

Definitely get it check ASAP before this becomes an even bigger issue.
Could be ignore coil issue.

Check engine light flash is always misfire. Definitely ignition related and the more you drive it like that the worse your engine and catalytic is going to get. Get it fixed ASAP

A flashing CEL means that a catalytic converter damaging condition is occurring. Which means it could be a few different things. Things id look at and could be the cause are Ignition coil has failed, Fuel injector has failed, Engine computer has failed, faulty Spark plug, Faulty Spark plug wire's, or even Bad engine valves

Back