longest you have driven your mz2?

So i was looking at google maps driving direction from california to new hampshire it's about 2995 miles. just wondering who has driven their car this far? or close to this miles

About 600 miles in 1 day. A 150 mile trip from Buchanan county VA to Bristol, TN; followed immediately by a 400 mile round trip from Buchanan county to Roanoke, VA. Plus around 50 miles or so of driving around in towns and such.

I've done quite a few six hour drives and it's not any different from any other car I've done the trip in. I think it's more comfortable for long drives than my '09 Civic was. The only issue I've had is that my alignment's been messed up as long as I've had the car and it's a bit tiring to drive the car with the wheel off-center for long periods, but that's a unique problem with my car.

I do notice that the car makes you work a bit in a strong crosswind. It's not dangerous but you have to exert constant pressure on the wheel to keep it straight.

Right around 500 in a day, was definitely comfortable, save for the fact my arm would fall asleep unless I held the wheel properly. I'll second the cross-wind notion, can't be lazy in this car, haha.

I've driven some pretty lengthy trips in my car and it really is a pretty comfortable car to sit in. But I also have to agree with the strong cross breezes, the poor car get's all tossed around. i usually have a habit of not being too close to any semi's because of the wind i get if I'm at a certain point behind them.

Longest trip I had was san jose to vegas roughly 500 miles,if I can't find a cheap frieght liner then san jose, cali. To new hampshire will be the longest

My girlfriend and I just sent from SC to WI and back in 3 days. 2 days up and 1 day back. 860 miles each way. It was a pretty nice time for the drive I never really got tires. Having cruise control helped a lot.

I've went to Montreal twice with my car, and that's an 1100km round-trip.. both times the car was stock.

A trip about 1600 miles over 3 days. First day and 600 miles was OK. Some of the trip included Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive and you cant really get tired on that ;)

A trip about 1600 miles over 3 days. First day and 600 miles was OK. Some of the trip included Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive and you cant really get tired on that ;)

I need to go again, it's so beautiful. Hopefully I'll make it down there this year.

I just went from Cleveland to Pittsburgh and back, all within a ~12 hour period...about 300 miles round trip. I've taken 700+ mile trips in both of the Porsches I've owned and I'd imagine the Mazda2 would be much more pleasant on longer drives.

I drove from my hometown Chicago to Dallas in a day, then took 3 days to drive from San Antonio to Roswell, Roswell to Salt Lake City, then SLC to Seattle where I live around now. Fun stuff, I love driving long distance in this thing.

My longest road trip was about 500 miles coming home on leave after deployment from Norfolk, VA to my hometown of Concord, OH (Just east of Cleveland).

I have made this trip numerous times and I only ever stop once to get gas. The Mazda2 has performed this trip flawlessly rather it be winter or summer.

a week after I got my 2 ended up having to do a 720 mile round trip drive to drop off a spare set of keys at the border! It ended up being pretty awesome though because it was on the 4th of july so driving home we saw 4 or 5 different fire work shows going on at the same time.

a week after I got my 2 ended up having to do a 720 mile round trip drive to drop off a spare set of keys at the border! It ended up being pretty awesome though because it was on the 4th of july so driving home we saw 4 or 5 different fire work shows going on at the same time.

SUREeeeee u drop off a KEY in TIJUANA lol....

I drove about 700mi in a day driving from MA to upstate NY, through the mountains, in a snow storm. The 2 handled it like a champ.

2ev8bih.jpg

Drove this route back in May/June over a span of about 3 weeks, visiting family and friends and starting off my summer right!

Even though it's a stick shift and without cruise control, I thoroughly enjoyed driving and didn't find it difficult to drive for 8-12 hours at a time! (Pretty much every leg of this journey was at least 8 hours between cities.) The last leg from Virginia to Atlanta back to Houston I drove mostly straight through, with just a couple of stops for naps at rest stops. I had to sleep in the passenger seat to actually get some rest, but otherwise it was pretty enjoyable.

I'm also now supremely jealous of you guys driving in the northern areas/New England. It's absolutely beautiful, but you can keep the snow! :)

another 1800 miles

Saturday: 14.5 hours/790 miles
Tuesday: 15.5 hours/800 miles
The rest Sunday and Monday

Mini Vacation to raft the Nantahala River;)

Latest posts

Back