Life is Rough-My Girlfriend Just Bought a 1.8t GTI Last Night!

TampaBlackMSP

:
'03 Blk Mica MSP
Yep, last night my girlfriend got a brand new reflex silver/black leather GTI 1.8T. It's a brilliant car...I'm partial because I had a '00 myself (my fifth VW), but it got totaled last year (not my fault). Anyway, it's loaded, factory 17" whls., 5 speed, sport pkg., etc. etc. The cool thing is that I can get my temporary VW fix whenever now, while still enjoying my Speed...she's going to have a fun time keeping me from wanting to mod it up! ;)

All is becoming more right in my world! Just thought I'd share....:D

Yeah, I was hoping for like a 911 GT2 - but then, there's that little issue with the whole $100,000 price difference, PLUS it wouldn't be MY car, sooo.... :D

Black Majik MSP said:
That's cool, but Reflex Silver is lame...it's like the #1 most common VW color.

Lame? Hey, thanks. It's not so lame when that's the color you want, and if it makes her happy, then that somehow trickles down to me... :cool:

the GTi would spank a P5 but a MSP i dont think so, at least the one that i drove...an what happened to your SN Razor?

i decided my screen name should be my name due to the fact that i realized how stupid it sounds when you go to a car meet and people call you by your screen name. i fixed it quick though and made sure everyone called me matt or matthew :)

stock vs stock driver will determine which is faster.
the new ones are rated at 180 hp. APR chip it cranks boost to 1 bar and the msp is eating vw dust

A "chipped" GTI is very strong - can get to ~230+hp and will turn 0-60 in well under 7, unchipped it's about 7. We're low-mid 7's. That, to me, is within the realm of "driver skill". A stock GTI has a softer suspension, so in smooth twisties or autox we own them - besides, their stock tires stink. They "tour" better and are easier to handle at high speed. They're beautiful cars, well screwed together and euro class. Reflex Silver is a nice stealthy color too - my favorite is that red-orange they had a couple years ago, with the 5-spoke 17's - sweet. They also take to mods better - that engine is a beaut - but they NEED mods with that softer suspension.

Oh - and congratulate her - that's a beautiful car. Oh - and pat yourself on the back for having a g/f with taste - in cars, anyway! ;)

Last edited:
thats probly how everyone should do it, that is kind of stupid when you see another member but only know them by SN. ohwell

Hey all. I loved my GTI, but I love my MSP as well. They both feel pretty solid (suspension notwithstanding, as the VW is a bit softer, but not "too soft" imo at all), but a bit different as well. The VW drives like a German car (you usually read somewhere 'teutonic' when writers describe driving them), which is to say a bit heavier (maybe more solid?) feeling, but again not in a bad way, in comparison to the MSP. Both are pretty damn composed for the money I'd say...

Yeah, one chip and it becomes a strong car - it is by far the easiest car for the money to make faster. Period. No other car I know (within the same class - not talking $40K, or V8, etc.) makes 30 - 40+ (depending on application) hp from a damn chip! But even stock it's a very nice driving car. I don't see her modding yet, but it's all good! :D

As far as a comparison goes, my '00 had 150 hp stock (though I think it was purposely underated so as to not move into VR6 territory - marketing/price, etc.), but with all the bolt-ons I had, it felt pretty close to the way my MSP feels now. The difference is in top end - granted I had a newer trannie with 'longer legs' installed (my friend was a tech at the dealer and when I went in for something he found a problem and hooked me up with a new one at no cost), and as such would probably walk away from the MSP up high - of course, we still have the damn speed limiter/governor issue, so its a moot point right now anyway. (bang)

I really like both cars, and am just glad I have access to both...Now I'm just looking forward to feeling my car with the iON 3" turbo-back, hopefully soon to arrive...(2thumbs)

ping said:
A "chipped" GTI is very strong - can get to ~230+hp and will turn 0-60 in well under 7, unchipped it's about 7. We're low-mid 7's. That, to me, is within the realm of "driver skill". A stock GTI has a softer suspension, so in smooth twisties or autox we own them - besides, their stock tires stink. They "tour" better and are easier to handle at high speed. They're beautiful cars, well screwed together and euro class. Reflex Silver is a nice stealthy color too - my favorite is that red-orange they had a couple years ago, with the 5-spoke 17's - sweet. They also take to mods better - that engine is a beaut - but they NEED mods with that softer suspension.

Oh - and congratulate her - that's a beautiful car. Oh - and pat yourself on the back for having a g/f with taste - in cars, anyway! ;)

Thanks man! I definitely will...oh, and your post was right on with me...I agree completely! :D Yeah, at least she's got the taste in cars...I can't explain the part about hanging out with me! ;)

While we're talking on life is good I must mention my kick ass g/f...

She went to the US's premire car design school (Art Center in Cali) and knows more about cars than i could ever want to.....

car industry was a bit underpaid so she took up some offers in another industry.... right now my g/f is a Concept Artist/3D Graphics Designer For Sony Online Entertainment..... she works on a PC game called Planetside....

As you can see in my sig picture we have a 3rd gen rx7, which she bought before we met...... as you can see life is good :)

- G/F pulling more $$$$ than I am
- makes video games
- knows everything about cars
- owns an rx7
- isn't a drama queen

yes life is good :)

TampaBlackMSP said:
Yeah, I was hoping for like a 911 GT2 - but then, there's that little issue with the whole $100,000 price difference, PLUS it wouldn't be MY car, sooo.... :D

HA! I rolled up next to a RUF 911 Porcshe today. "WOW". Never actually seen one on the street before. The rear tires must have been 18", they were wide as hell. Im sure he could have done 0-60 in less that 4. I will own a 911 one day....

Pkay said:
While we're talking on life is good I must mention my kick ass g/f...

She went to the US's premire car design school (Art Center in Cali) and knows more about cars than i could ever want to.....

car industry was a bit underpaid so she took up some offers in another industry.... right now my g/f is a Concept Artist/3D Graphics Designer For Sony Online Entertainment..... she works on a PC game called Planetside....

As you can see in my sig picture we have a 3rd gen rx7, which she bought before we met...... as you can see life is good :)

- G/F pulling more $$$$ than I am
- makes video games
- knows everything about cars
- owns an rx7
- isn't a drama queen

yes life is good :)

Very cool, good stuff indeed! (drinks)

Back