Lewis7789 2002 Protege5 build thread (tons of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, AJ. He's getting the fenders. You still owe me $50 anyway, mate.

And Kevin, I'll ask him about his interior. He basically has two sets of interiors now (minus the seats). But I thought you were selling your Protege?

And I got tired of seeing 22v all the time. Black on black with a black intercooler will be much more fun. :)

Sorry, AJ. He's getting the fenders. You still owe me $50 anyway, mate.

And Kevin, I'll ask him about his interior. He basically has two sets of interiors now (minus the seats). But I thought you were selling your Protege?

And I got tired of seeing 22v all the time. Black on black with a black intercooler will be much more fun. :)

ill try and send you cash as soon as i get it. someone is supposed to be buying my mpi for 150 but hes being kinda slow about it. sorry to keep you waiting man. i feel bad.

nope, but i'm not liking the 20mpg that i just got :( stupid cold... and you know i drive like a grandpa!

anywho... just semi considering the interior swap...i just don't know how hard it'd be/ how much it would be worth it... i'll stay tuned to see what happens!

Dammit, no part out.... I thought I might score a carbon fiber hood out of 2 you would own once you get the black P5. Well at least I think I remember seeing a post that stated the black one had a cf hood.

nope, but i'm not liking the 20mpg that i just got :( stupid cold... and you know i drive like a grandpa!

anywho... just semi considering the interior swap...i just don't know how hard it'd be/ how much it would be worth it... i'll stay tuned to see what happens!

There's something wrong if you're getting 20 MPG in that protege unless you're driving in downtown Atlanta.

Anyway, I'm very excited to see the P6 in all its glory when it's finally done.

Yeah, Kev. I would check your engine codes. I know you took out your CEL bulb but I wonder if you have a bad O2 sensor or something to be getting that bad of mileage. I even get 23mpg in the big ass Milly around town.

Dammit, no part out.... I thought I might score a carbon fiber hood out of 2 you would own once you get the black P5. Well at least I think I remember seeing a post that stated the black one had a cf hood.

I thought I saw that he was selling his OEM style CF hood somewhere...

Yeah, Kev. I would check your engine codes. I know you took out your CEL bulb but I wonder if you have a bad O2 sensor or something to be getting that bad of mileage. I even get 23mpg in the big ass Milly around town.

well i just plugged my ScanGauge back in (I had the Progressive snapshot thing in, woot for 18% off my insurance! ...but i'm glad i'm done with it) so i can monitor the mpg a little more...but i did have a code when i plugged it in - and erased it without thinking...doh!

and it was all 'city' driving...and i'm sure some of it is me, i don't really drive like a grandpa...well i just don't speed; i accelerate fast all the time...that's what really kills the mileage! ...i'll scan for codes again and look it up to see what it is...

i did order some new swaybar bushings so i won't have that mad thumping bass in the rear, lol and an led interior lighting kit i want to put in, so i'll be up maybe before the Lizard meet on saturday so put those in quickly!

Well even with my KL in the P5 I was still getting 24mpg's and I drive like an asshole so yeah, check those codes.

And usually it's polite to ask to come over to install parts first. ;)

Oh- and yes, Larry, I'm selling my DG oem style carbon fiber hood. It's available anytime since it's been in the basement since the P5 went into the garage.

i said 'maybe' and i'm going to ask/txt you later in the week to see exactly what's going on!!! i swear, i swear! :D

Re-read the last few pages Evan and congrats on picking up Shalon's P5! Now that the niceties are done, sell Larry your DG OEM style c/f hood and sell me the c/f reverse cowl from Shalon's. No need for a c/f hood on a black car anyway, it just blends in. lol And I'd seriously consider rocking the pink wheels for winter also.

Oh- and yes, Larry, I'm selling my DG oem style carbon fiber hood. It's available anytime since it's been in the basement since the P5 went into the garage.
We will discuss it at the Lizard. My hood make me want to puke! I'd still be interested in looking at the silver hood as well unless that goes with the car. Oh ya, how about that cargo cover. If you want to bring that to the Lizard I would appreciate it. Or was that Phen? Either way at least it will be out of the garage.

Jeff, you're funny. Why did you sell your CF to Godfather then? And I'm keeping the reverse cowl hood for myself.

Larry, the silver hood is going with the P5, sorry buddy. What's to discuss about the hood? I'll PM you a price and you say yes or no. lulz. If you want it you can swing by my house and pick it up. It fit in the back of my P5 but not sure with little Andrew back there... And I'll try to remember to bring that cargo cover I have in the garage for ya.

nope, but i'm not liking the 20mpg that i just got

Even when rodents chewed my O2 sensor wiring and it was running in open loop the whole time I was still getting about 26, so you've definitely got something wrong.

Usually it's polite to ask to come over to install parts first. ;)

oh-snap.jpg

And I'd seriously consider rocking the pink wheels for winter also.

I hope that rust-free beauty never sees salt, but come on Evan, it's like 10,000 strong in here for the pink wheels! (toetap)

The new P6 will never see salt or need winter wheels. And peer pressure doesn't do s*** for me, Wes. I'm 33 and still have never smoked weed. And I'm a musician! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back