Let's see some Mazda3 5-doors

Nice picture Jeans. I like the grill.

05maz3subd- I think he is on Tein S-techs

Here's my contribution. Not a good picture but it gives you an idea of what it will look like. When it has tire and it is sitting LOW it will look a lot better. I also have some center caps to paint.

001-9.jpg

Pardon my filthy car contrasting with the extremely clean wheel.

05maz3subd - like chef said im on Tein S-Techs

cehf - i know i said it on the other forum but i LOVE that wheel color... they are almost too awesome to just be winter wheels hahah

Thanks! I need to get the other 3 painted this weekend. They're not just winter wheels. ;) I am putting all seasons on them AND going slightly smaller than stock diameter to add more aggressiveness.

I thought they were too until I realized I can get all seasons in a better size that are great in snow for cheaper than winter tires. Getting continental extremecontact dws in 205/45/17. The load rating is even right which is hard to find in a smaller than stock sidewall sized tire.

Not to rain on your parade, but winter tires are far superior to all seasons in cold. I don't know what kind of snow/ice you guys get up there, but I love my snow tires; they make a huge difference. And if you don't mind running smaller wheels for winter, you could probably get a setup for pretty cheap. Also not getting salt on your nice wheels is a huge plus...

Shoot23_06.jpg

Not to rain on your parade, but winter tires are far superior to all seasons in cold. I don't know what kind of snow/ice you guys get up there, but I love my snow tires; they make a huge difference. And if you don't mind running smaller wheels for winter, you could probably get a setup for pretty cheap. Also not getting salt on your nice wheels is a huge plus...

I have to agree with this. I tried running all seasons my first winter and it was a debacle. I got stuck in about 5-6 inches of snow in an unplowed neighborhood. I picked up a 16" snow tire and wheel package from tirerack and the difference was astounding. I'll never go without snow tires again. :D

I researched the hell out of the tires I chose. I am by no means saying that they are better than dedicated snow tires but they're the ones I want for a reason and they will be brand new for winter so I think they will be okay. PA doesn't usually get outrageous amounts of snow anyway. For comparison's sake I drove on my bad rsa's for most of last winter and I got around in everything but the largest snowfall. If the snow is too deep I don't have to drive. There is always next year for snow tires if I decide I need them.

Back