Kindof a sad day.

I'm finding his numbers VERY VERY HARD to believe, unless he is talking about SAE GROSS on an engine-stand. Also, you don't have a "canned tune" for 1000hp, lol! Color me VERY skeptical.

No idea... not a gearhead at that level. He's a speed freak nonetheless.. he got more tickets than anyone I know on his Hayabusa. His insurance must be outrageous.

No idea... not a gearhead at that level. He's a speed freak nonetheless.. he got more tickets than anyone I know on his Hayabusa. His insurance must be outrageous.

He probably has the Hellion. Actual dyno shows mid 600's instead of 800 for that system at 8psi. Like I said, I doubt he comes anywhere NEAR 1K to the ground with 12psi on that motor.
http://hellionpowersystems.com/index.php/turbo-systems/209

If you watch the video, they pushed it to over 16psi, and didn't crack 1000.

He is talking about the MT82 transmission, mostly, IMO. Which is a boat anchor from China. Total junk. The rest of the car would likely be fine, if not for that POS in the tunnel.

Correct.

I'm not talking about an '08. I'm talking about a $40K+ '15 that has a shamefully unrefined and pathetic transmission, as well as horrid paint defects all over the car. Mine was an order and every one on the lot had defects, so I decided to take it. I learned my lesson on ordering a Ford.

Correct.

I'm not talking about an '08. I'm talking about a $40K+ '15 that has a shamefully unrefined and pathetic transmission, as well as horrid paint defects all over the car. Mine was an order and every one on the lot had defects, so I decided to take it. I learned my lesson on ordering a Ford.
If it makes you feel better, my $43K 370Z had a grindy notchy transmission...

No more than my CX-5 with it's puny ass little gas tank. Sure the SRT8 gets worse mileage by a few (about 5-6 on the freeway), but it has a real gas-tank to compensate.

Good point. It will still cost probably twice as much though with each fill up. That 400+ hp costs you somewhere. Still would be a blast.

Correct.

Sorry to hear that. That would piss me off too. I guess I haven't read too much about transmission issues with the mustang. Then again I try an stay away from too much mustang reading as it just makes me sad lol

Side note on the paint defects, my dad's 16 Miata that he had ordered in black has multiple defects on the car as well.

Another side note, anyone think Mazdas paint is on the cheap side? I just feel like I have too many random scratches/nicks on my car for how I always park away from people and cars. My only guess is just rocks and gravel causing the problem. But never had that occur on my previous Elantra, or mustang.

Good point. It will still cost probably twice as much though with each fill up. That 400+ hp costs you somewhere. Still would be a blast.

Sorry to hear that. That would piss me off too. I guess I haven't read too much about transmission issues with the mustang. Then again I try an stay away from too much mustang reading as it just makes me sad lol

Side note on the paint defects, my dad's 16 Miata that he had ordered in black has multiple defects on the car as well.

Another side note, anyone think Mazdas paint is on the cheap side? I just feel like I have too many random scratches/nicks on my car for how I always park away from people and cars. My only guess is just rocks and gravel causing the problem. But never had that occur on my previous Elantra, or mustang.

Japanese paint is notoriously soft. Nissan and Infiniti are the worst.

The mustang's MT82 issues are many, and well documented.

Yes, the SRT8 costs at the pump big time! My HEMI Jeep was $45-65 to fill, and only took 89 with a 22ish gallon tank.

I feel your pain... I miss my 2012 speed3. I am either gonna get a miata, mustang or big ass truck for a project car. I can't decide if I want the fun, whipping around the back roads in a sports car or just an old, jacked up pickup that says, get the F outta my way.

At one time I owned a BMW 2002 and a 1948 Chevy Fleetmaster. The Chevy was bigger then most pickups, and it was rusted. It was fun to watch people get out of it's way. The BMW was completely ignored, like it was invisible.

At one time I owned a BMW 2002 and a 1948 Chevy Fleetmaster. The Chevy was bigger then most pickups, and it was rusted. It was fun to watch people get out of it's way. The BMW was completely ignored, like it was invisible.

Had that happen, too "His costs more than mine, he cares more, I can invade his lane and he will give ground".

It worked, or would have, if I didn't have a love-hate relationship with most of my vehicles, and full coverage with 0 deductibles, lol

Well, since this thread has gone off topic and the OP doesn't seen to mind I'll chime in here too. I'm totally for the sleeper, no show but all go. I like things that are different and custom the way true hot rodding used to be where you created something that no one else has or thought of from parts you were able to create or borrow from other cars. Attached is a video of a Chrysler K-car vs a much more expensive Toyota Supra. The Chrysler K-car was purchased for $500 and a junkyard turbocharged Dodge Daytona turbocharged 4 cylinder was installed in place of the puny NA 2.5 it had. Three intercoolers were welded together from junkyard parts and a larger turbocharger from another junkyard car replaced the stock turbo. Total investment in the Chrysler K-car was about $2500 including the purchase price of the car and the modified Toyota Supra was in the tens of thousands of dollars realm. Anyone can buy there way into faster and faster cars given they have the money but few have the knowledge and skill to create something like this Chrysler K-car.

Here is another personal favorite of mine where this guy basically defines what a sleeper vehicle is and then makes fun of those with the flashy in your face testosterone driven sports cars that are so typical everywhere you go.

Last edited:
Look at it this way - he may have aggravated you for a few minutes, but he's going to drive his POS Avenger for a long time. As they say, he may have won the little battle, but he's lost the war. Gotta figure if he's doing crap like what he was doing to you his life probably isn't all that great either.

Look at it this way - he may have aggravated you for a few minutes, but he's going to drive his POS Avenger for a long time. As they say, he may have won the little battle, but he's lost the war. Gotta figure if he's doing crap like what he was doing to you his life probably isn't all that great either.

At that moment, none of that factored,lol

I have to say my first thought heading back home on this past Sunday on I-75 in heavy Atlanta traffic my first thought seeing a new Charger racing a new Mustang at 90+ was, "I hope they don't crash because this is going hang us all up for hours." Selfish thought I know. But I must admit I used to do the same foolish crap in my 20's and never with regard to putting families at risk. I just wasn't thinking much back in that day.

Now days I am glad I've got a humble vehicle with both hands on the wheel in Old Man style :) but still a little faster than I am supposed to be according to those signs. But then that's just blending in for Atlanta.

I used to ride a Hayabusa to and from work during the nice weather and it seemed like every week some jacka** would pull up beside me in a Corvette, muscle car or BMW M series and want to race me down the highway. It became tiresome after awhile. Of course sometimes is was rather amusing to let them get a few lengths ahead of me before I roared past them and became a tail light in the distance. People should learn not to race cycles on straight roads. Lol...

Hang in there OP. We're all getting older.

I used to ride a Hayabusa to and from work during the nice weather and it seemed like every week some jacka** would pull up beside me in a Corvette, muscle car or BMW M series and want to race me down the highway. It became tiresome after awhile. Of course sometimes is was rather amusing to let them get a few lengths ahead of me before I roared past them and became a tail light in the distance. People should learn not to race cycles on straight roads. Lol...

Hang in there OP. We're all getting older.

What do those 'busa's trap? I bet with a cam my Z06 coulda hung :p

Back