keyless entry

:
2007 GT FWD, Bose/NAV
I have been experiencing an annoyance the last couple of days. When I turn my car off and exit, the auto lock feature does not want to engage. I then just take the remote out and lock the doors. Upon returning to the car the black button on the doors and hatch will not work, but the remote will to unlock the car. If I sit in the drivers seat the car reads the passcard and will start even. It is intermittent and will not engage the passkeys system for locking and unlocking unless I turn on the car and turn it off. I have tried several cycles of door opening and shuting, passcard manual open and shut, but the only thing that works is the restart and stop. I have a 2007 GT with factory passkey system and no remote start. Anyone else experience this lately? I might check my battery connection to see if it is loose from when they shipped it to Italy.

Long story short, replaced the FOB battery at a camera store here in Sardinia Italy and my issue is resolved. Only thing I can think is during the transoceanic trip the battery wore down.

Back