Keyless entry/power lock malfunction... please help!!!

NinjaSYXX

:
Mazda Protege 5
Ok, so i just got back home from gameworks, and i did my usual open the door w/ the power lock switch, and the drivers side door didn't unlock, but all the other doors did... I tried the keyless entry and the same thing, the 1st press that usually unlocks the drivers side didn't unlock that door, but the 2nd press did unlock all the other passenger doors. What could be the problem? Hopefully it's nothing too major that i have to take the door out for some wiring, or a blown fuse... thanks in advance.

Yeah, I am not sure how you fix it, but that happened to my drivers rear door. That is one of the few "problems" the car has. It cost me $150 to replace at my mechanic.

Did you get a "brrrp" noise out of the drivers door lock? If so, its the lock actuator thats gone... U will have to replace it.

What if there is no "brrp" but just "silence"

Is that still the actuator?

My wife's dumpd us a month ago and just havn't got to fixing it. Don't wanna order an actuator if it isn't that

Tylor

It is the actuator. I just replaced this a couple of months ago. Simple swap. You won't need the 95.00 part because that is all the rods, the actuator & the striker latch part for the door. I actually bought that but also scored just the actuator itself real cheap here in the fs section new in box so I have a spare. No big deal, just pull door panel, pull back plastic carefully watching out for the goo, unclip & unbolt the actuator assembly, take off actuator & replace with new one. Got parts from onlinemazdaparts.com. Here's the parts for just the actuators for front doors with keyless entry......................http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...tege&year=2003&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

The lock assembly is the more expensive 95.00 part. You don't need that. It just keeps you from having to swap out the actuator from the whole assembly. Just the actuators are 42.00 or 53.00 depending on the drv or pass door.

So, drv, pass, and rear doors are all different actuators? It's not one for all 4?

Thanks for the help by the way

Not sure if the rears are seperate but yes different parts for each front door & different ones for keyless entry & w/o keyless entry. May be seperate for all 4 just because of the positioning from one side to another but doesn't explain price differences.

Hmm, cause Bazooka Joe has an actuator to sell me, but, I wanted to make sure which door it goes to first. I'll hit up onlinemazdaparts for a PN for the front driver's side.

Thanks again!!!!

Tylor

Back