Kart Boy Shifter Bushings

hi guys, i recently accuired some shifter bushings, yellow kart boy ones, now ive searched through the forum, and everyone says how cool and good they are. but i cant find anything to say , where exactly they go!! lol ? , i have a bm shortshifter, do they still work with these?

sorry if the topics been covered a million times before, but ive searched high and low for one.

cheers guys

Yes, It will work with your B&M shifter. If you jack your car up and get underneith it, you will see where the shifter comes down from inside the car. Follow the linkages toward the tranny. You should see where it connects...I know it wasn't the best discription but let me see if I can find pics.

NMMotorsport said:
hi guys, i recently accuired some shifter bushings, yellow kart boy ones, now ive searched through the forum, and everyone says how cool and good they are. but i cant find anything to say , where exactly they go!! lol ? , i have a bm shortshifter, do they still work with these?

sorry if the topics been covered a million times before, but ive searched high and low for one.

cheers guys

This is one of the best mods....Simple easy and you actually feel a difference...unlike most NA mods on the FSDE

ProtoType5 said:
This is one of the best mods....Simple easy and you actually feel a difference...unlike most NA mods on the FSDE
Yeah I did this about a month ago, and it feels real nice. Make sure when you do it you have the correct size socket or ring spanner cause I have heard of a few people rounding off the nut. I used a hex (6 sided) socket rather than a 12 point socket, they grip on the sides of the nut, instead of the corners of the nut like a 12 point socket.

Here are some of my OLD pictures.

Kartboy%20bushing%202.jpg

Kartboy%20bushing.jpg

stock bushing
stock%20bushing.jpg

JoshP5 said:
^ 6pt sockets ftw!
Off topic - I must be getting old, and not keep up with all the text speak and abbreviation that people use, so can someone tell me what ftw means, I see it everywhere, and have decided to ask(shocked)

FTW - For The Win

On a side note, after I installed the bushings my shifter rattles like Katherine Hepburn's dentures when it is cold outside. Not too annoying, just a difference over stock.

Watarski said:
FTW - For The Win

On a side note, after I installed the bushings my shifter rattles like Katherine Hepburn's dentures when it is cold outside. Not too annoying, just a difference over stock.
you might be the only one with this issue...i dunno i know mine is perfectly fine after install.

I have both the B&M short shifter and the kartboy bushings.. it works well. :)

Watarski said:

Strange--What kind of rattle? Metallic sounding? Polyurethane sounding? Or does it just vibrate more?

I would also check to be sure that the heat shield around your shifter isn't hitting any of the linkages. Mine was doing that for a while and I just bent it down a little and the problem was solved.

Well, hearing that I shouldn't have this problem bugs me. It's when I am puttering around at slow speed in first - getting on and off the clutch, like when I am pulling out of the driveway, starting off, starting and stopping in a parking lot. It's almost like a knocking sound, a chattering. Any ideas?

sounds like a bad motor mount and the engine is moving around. Pair that up with a bit of clutch chatter and that is all getting translated through your shifter now. THe old rubber bushings would have absorbed a bit of htat while the poly bushings well transmit it through.

Matt

Well, a bad engine mount isn't great either. I didn't see anything rubbing around the shifter when I was underneath it last. Do the mounts go bad that quick? The car only has 65k miles on it.

Back