Just traded in my CX-9.

100$ GUY

:
2015 CX-9 GT AWD
Hey guys.

So the opportunity to change car blossomed into a nice new reality. Been blessed with a new cx-9 GT AWD since november of 2007, the best sporty three row cuv of its class. Easily. It is also very good looking and practical. So which car could you change it to, that has the same or better characteristics for the right price? Looking at its competitors seem natural, such as the Honda Pilot, Nissan Pathfinder, Ford Explorer. Audi Q7 and MB GL are in an entirely different price bracket, given that the Q7 would have to be the sline prestige for instance, and you got to use money for other cars too.

Honda is out of the picture right away because is so ugly, boxy, boring to drive, 5 speed auto, and some features not available. Both the Nissan and the Ford have good products overall, but lacked the personality in driving that as an enthusiast I was looking for, besides not having a new modern look, because they have ugly and dated halogen headlights for instance. So which car to get that is sporty looking, with great handling, adult sized three row seat, really spacious cargo room, high end and modern features? Well, another CX-9. (yes) 2015 Grand Touring AWD. :)
As for pictures, been trying but to no avail. What I guess is that the jpegs I want to attach are 3+mb in size. Too high quality pictures LOL. Hopefully I can update my avatar.

2015 info is decidedly mixed about the 2015. The Mazda USA website is still listing 2014 Cx9 as is most of the dealerships I see.

Definitely need some pics!!!!

I'd be surprised if they didn't change the interior a little bit but perhaps not either.

Yeah, hey guys, just to clarify, I am not in the USA. That is why I do have a 2015. LOL

Yes, I did wanted to post pictures, but like I guessed, because my pictures are bigger than 3mb, it seems they cannot be loaded.

By the way, I want to install HID foglights, but after reading a thread, someone said the hid bulb did not fit, but in another thread, others said they installed the kit. So, does it fit size wise?
I have researched and it seems a normal h11 bulb measures around 1.61 inches (the glass portion), vs 1.75 inches for the hid bulb.

And as far as replacing the halogen bulbs for the tailights, somebody knows if the socket is the standard 7443 or the 7443CK type?

Pictures, learned to resize LOL So, new avatar too :)

Some memories first, having a little fun (wiggle)

Attachments

• 2014-08-30 13.20.21.jpg
    2014-08-30 13.20.21.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 484
  • 20121230_200024.jpg
    20121230_200024.jpg
    1,019 KB · Views: 443
Dirty dirty:)

A pic of the interior would be nice to see if there are any differences, I suspect none.

Thanks!

In fact that CX-9 really went off road, and not once. Several times thru really ugly terrain. Not even an entirely flat surface either, it climbed several slopes, the AWD light came on several times, very useful and works very well. And went the surface was flat, I hit the gas pedal, and wow, you could only see behind you a big cloud of dust, really rally-like fun. (thumb)
Gotta say that after all that, the structure remained very tight. Even forded a little river too. Lots of cows LOL

Pictures? Yeah sure, but I just wished the photo would be seen just by opening the thread, instead of being linked, like an attached image. How do you do that?
How is that 2013 treating you, how many miles?

As far as the new vehicle goes, compared with the 08 I had, I can see and feel differences, even more than I expected. Switchgear is so soft and smooth now, materials feel nicer, the way the center console opens and its structure layout (like a BMW X5). I like the new suede as well, sporty touch, and which we all know costs extra amongst other manufacturers like Porsche and Audi. And the obvious is the many tech and feature upgrades the car now has.
As for the new car smell, oh that is delicious

Congrats!! Always like hearing about the stories of taking a CUV off road and outside of it's comfort zone. I have a '00 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L (5 speed) for real rock climbing but always wonder how far my little CX-5 could go.

Congrats!! Always like hearing about the stories of taking a CUV off road and outside of it's comfort zone. I have a '00 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L (5 speed) for real rock climbing but always wonder how far my little CX-5 could go.

Thanks Kedis. Yeah, it was fun, thou not too much for the passengers LOL
Going out of the comfort zone is a good term, and I think it applies to both the machine as to the driver. Real rock climbing with the Wrangler? No doubt about it! As far as the CX-5, try it out in a mildly rough terrain.

So, after a couple of months, and a bit more than a thousand miles with the new model:

-Really like the new tech, how easily and seamlessly it connects to your phone. That is the best part, that it works and it is easy. You can see which song is playing and enjoy all the music wirelessly. I like that you can make phone calls on the move (in other cars you cannot). Sounds good and very loud if you want it to.
- Like the new gauges, more easy on your eyes.
- Like the new materials, especially in the seats, more higher quality leather plus the suede.
- Interestingly, I find the suspension a bit softer than before, which is nice, it absorbs bumps in the road a bit better. Better suspension compliance without losing the zoom-zoom handling. One difference, before (08 model) the tires were at 34 psi, now they are at 33 psi.
- Really gotta like the smell of a new engine, lovely indeed. And of course, the smell of new car in the cx-9 is very good, it stands out.
- New parking sensors are a must have, plus the rearview camera. Before it was a mess. Now you can back out of parking lots in rainy dark conditions for example, very confidently.
- Like the new alloy wheels, like them better than the 13MY.
- Really like the new front end, especially the led lighting. As far as the yellowish halogens, that has been taken care of ;)
- Very responsive and intelligent 6 speed auto, downshifts and braking well done.
-Really good bi-xenon headlights, wow, they really light up the road. The front end looks very modern as well.

As far as things that I would look for to improve in the next generation to come are:

-Ventilated seats, where are they?
- That the tailgate opens electrically without having to open all the doors first and without having to take out the key fob to press the button. Other manufacturers do it easily.
- LED headlights, just because it probably will have them anyway LOL
-Front parking sensors plus active parking assist technology. In fact, as far as tech, well, gotta expect several more new assist type tech in the new generation.
-Better fuel economy. Hopefully a big time improvement. Maybe with an 8 speed for instance?
- Better acceleration. Better 0-60 and quarter mile times and trap speed. More mid range passing power (probably with the aid of turbos now)

Already bought and installed new accessories plus new LED lighting. :)

Back