Just scratched my front bumper!!

I accidentally scratched my baby against some pillar, it looks kinda bad, just wondering what you guys will do to fix it, or how much will it take to have it repaint?

sorry to hear about that LamfOfSilence..........
I have no idea how much it will cost...........how bad is it ?? gotta see it than estimate.....

I just brought my car into the auto shop to have a nasty 2 meter scratch repaired from the side of my P5, thanks to my retarded father.... Anyways while I was there I decided to get my bumper repainted which was scratched in a previous accident. In anycase, they agreed to repaint the whole thing for 100 bucks. And this was at a Mazda dealership, I'm sure you can get it done for cheaper.:D

100 bux, eh? hmm.... its not too bad, just no lunch for 2 weeks, i can get it back to shape, :D

I thought it will set me back at least $200. My scratches are no where near 2 meters though, more like 10 cm, but, boy it looks kinda bad even after some touch-up paints.... uneven surface...:mad:

OK I got a brand new red mp5 but when I was looking at it I saw this 4 inch scratch on the plastic front bumber, what happened was that the morons that move the cars around the dealership ran into a white p5 with it and scrapped the bumber. The dealership agreed to fix it for free so I figured ok. It's just a plastic bumper but it's black plastic so you can see it really bad. Anyways, that was over 3 weeks ago, they hired some independent painters to come to the dealership and paint what was supposed to be a touch up job........10 hours of physical waiting and 3 visits later they have managed to **** up the whole front bumper.......since the mazda dealership is handling this for me I called them up the other day and blasted them and told them that I was done with these "independents" and wanted their professional body shop to fix it right. The reason they didn't have the body shop do it to begin with was that the dealership can get a huge discount because the salesman is "acquainted" with the owner. They pay $150 for the job, however, for some reason their body shop will charge them regular price. On the first visit the painter just painted the corner of the bumper where the scratch was which was fine, but they put way too much clear coat on it and the paint ran all over the place, so the next day I brought it back where they sanded it down and repainted it, after I brought it home, the bumper turned all foggy where they had just painted (they said it had to do with the humidity) so I brought it back and they decided to restart and paint again, however the genius decided that it would be great to paint whole bumper, mind you this was just a 4 inch scratch to begin with, when I brought it home the third time it had so many dirt and dust particles in the paint it looked like s***. That is when I called the dealership up and demanded that it be done professionally. They agreed and now it looks like this little scratch will turn into a $500 bill for the dealership because the body shop has to take off the front bumper and repaint the whole thing. I think it's funny in the way that the cheap dealership is getting what they derserve. They should have done it right the first time.

(Sorry about the long post I have just gotten tired of assholes trying to cut corners.)

RyanBlueP5 said:
I just brought my car into the auto shop to have a nasty 2 meter scratch repaired from the side of my P5, thanks to my retarded father.... Anyways while I was there I decided to get my bumper repainted which was scratched in a previous accident. In anycase, they agreed to repaint the whole thing for 100 bucks. And this was at a Mazda dealership, I'm sure you can get it done for cheaper.:D
most folks have paint matching problems, but a quick sand and paint is the way to go. Also, you could clean out the gouges and throw some touch up on if it's not too deep.

mp5, damn, that is pretty bad, ppl would actually think that if they go back to dealer for this kinda small thing, there should not be any problem, damn, i feel for you...

Hey lamb.....I was wondering...how bad is your scratch ?? can you see under the paint or just on the paint ??
Maybe I can help.......

My buddy's P5 (Pro5OnSpeed) has a six inch gash in the bumper - pretty deep - from an errant lumber cart at The Home Depot. Kind of funny since HE'S the Lot Associate on duty at the time :). I work inside all day there at that store and I am always checking on my baby, no carts, birds, kids with keys, etc. You'd think since he's out there all day he'd see it.

He's using this as a message from God that thou shalt buy thyself a body kit.

Latest posts

Back