Just picked up my 2014 Mazda6...

hpclayto

:
2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
Greetings all,

I just traded in my 13 altima today for a black on black 2014 grand touring. Looking forward to enjoying this fine looking piece of machinery!

Greetings all,

I just traded in my 13 altima today for a black on black 2014 grand touring. Looking forward to enjoying this fine looking piece of machinery!

Congrats!
Let us know what differences you notice between the 6 and the Altima.

Why thanks. I fell in love with the sixes as soon as they came out. I wanted to make the change for the looks and better mileage of the mazda. My altima had the 3.5 so going to a four banger in the mazda was obviously a lot different. I never really had a need/opportunity to use all the power in my old car so i'm not really missing it too much. The ride is a lot stiffer in the mazda but a lot sportier which is fine by me. The biggest fault with the new 6 is the infotainment system. The iphone integration with my altima was awesome, the mazda's is absolutely horrible IMO. If they don't offer an update for it in the future i'll definitely be swapping it out for an aftermarket system. My old car was a top of the line SL and came with remote start standard. I opted not to get it on the 6. I'm kind of regretting that now that I just learned tonight you can't start the car and then lock the doors from the outside like I could with my altima. In the past I would either use the remote start or manually start the car and lock the doors ( rear defrost and heated steering wheel wouldn't kick on automatically with the remote start for some stupid reason) before i left to go home for work and let the car warm up.

Those are really my only two complaints about the car as of yet, about 100 miles on it. I'm getting the windows tinted up later this week and am ordering some paint protection kits to put on.

Congrats on your swap! I've driven the 13 altima once one of my friends got last year. It's a nice car with ample interior space. But for me, it doesn't beat the new 6. The 6's infotainment has been working fine with me with my iPhone. It took me a few days to get used to it, but it's all well now. However I do wish they get an update to make the system a tad more speedier.

Excellent choice hpclayto. Overall their are no mid sized cars right now that can beat the beauty and look of the 6, at least not for the great saving we paid for to become owners. A friend here has a black on black, which is a beauty, but work to keep clean. I noticed another owner that has done some exterior mods on their black 6, like darkening the chrome on the car for a more stealthy look. Look it up and see if it sparks some ideas in you. Enjoy your new ride, I sure do.

Thanks folks. I'm debadging, clay barring, polishing and waxing it over the next two days. ( you guys should check out Collinite waxes if you never have, they're awesome! I use 845). Im getting the windows tinted on friday and I ordered some bulk 3m clear bra material to do my door sills, mirrors and trunk lip. I'll be getting the front bumper, parts of the front fenders and hood done professionally as soon as funds allow as well as an intake and maybe exhaust sometime down the road. I'll try and throw up some pictures after I get the windows done and get it all shined up.

Oh cool - I like the idea of a clear bra but I always wondered what happens at the edge of the bra. I worry there will be a line in the paint where all the grit gets to. Need to post some pics clayto! I spent Christmas day hand-glazing, polishing, and waxing mine. :)

The clear bra wasn't that noticable at all and i never noticed any kind of build up. My last one was on a a white car so i'm curious to see what it will look like on black. I snapped a few pictures after i got done waxing. I've since got my windows done and that really makes the car look good. The snow here has destroyed the car so I don't have any pics with the windows done.

29nb040.jpg
[/IMG]

2vn3vwo.jpg
[/IMG]

309nes6.jpg
[/IMG]

5ca7fl.jpg
[/IMG]

14mqv5z.jpg
[/IMG]

2j34s5s.jpg
[/IMG]