Just noticed smoke from under hood

elderlycoffee

:
2007 Sunlight Silver mazdaspeed 3
Could it be the smoking turbo prob? What causes this, What's the fix and is there a recall? How much is this going to put me out :-(

i was under the impression that the smoking turbo issue was smoke coming from the exhaust when you've been idle for about 10 minutes. do you have any/many mods ? still under warranty?

side note: i'll be moving to spring in June......

Could it be the smoking turbo prob? What causes this, What's the fix and is there a recall? How much is this going to put me out :-(
I'm thinking you either... spilled some fluid and it burned off on an engine component, have a fluid leak somewhere, or an exhaust leak (which you'd hear). Was there a smell with the smoke? Did you look for the source?

No offense but if I saw smoke coming from under my hood, I wouldn't just keep driving. The car would be pulled off the road and ignition turned off, power on to keep the fans on, hood open, and I'd see WTF was going on.

That's your get-away smoke. It's not a problem its a feature. It's so you can disappear in a cloud of smoke when the po-po are after ya.

It came from the left side. Hasn't done it again. But it was almost as if it was coming from the battery, To give you an idea of where it came out.

Back