Just lowered my car....

OregonBob

:
2012 Mazda 3i Grand Touring
I have been contemplating whether to get the pro kit or the sportline kit from Eibach, and finally made my decision... I wanted 18" wheels and didn't want to rub, so I went with the Pro Kit... I am glad I did... In my opinion, it turned out great... The pro kit on the 2011 Mazda 3 i touring comes out with 1.2 in the front and 1.1 in the rear... I put a set of 18x8 TSW Nurburgring in the Matte Gunmetal on with 235-40-18 Toyo Proxes 4 tires... I can tell you already that the cornering is so much better... And I plan on getting the front upper strut and rear sway bars, but will have fun with it the way it is now... I wanted them as flush as I could, and it turned out perfect... What do you think?

Lowerd.jpg

wheels.jpg

Flush.jpg

That looks great. The wheel gap is perfect for a driver, and the color of the wheels really compliments the body color well.

Job well done!

How is the ride, and did you keep the stock shocks?

Thanks! I love the color combo as well... It rides really well, almost like stock... You can tell it is a little stiffer when I go over speed bumps, but overall, it is a great ride... I kept the stock shocks, only changed out the springs...

way to rep Oregon, this needs to be highlighted as "functionally low" for all of us normal people that can't really have/afford to slam our cars in the name of 'street cred'

Thanks ROTAge... I totally agree with the "functionally low" statement... I have not rubbed yet, and have encountered a ton of driveways and speed bumps... I love how it handles too... Highly recommend being "functionally low"...

OP - Can you measure something for me, pretty please? Using a tape measure - from approximate center of the rim (on the cap that says TSW) to the edge of fender - both in front and rear, what does it measure to?

Also, what is the offset of the wheel - is it +35? I have a 2010 ITR Sedan and plan to do 17" wheels with 235/40/17 tires and some form of lowering springs. I am trying to find a set that is also functionally low.

Did you get it aligned, how off was it? I assume you will align it after its settled.

Thanks much!

Last edited:
Back