Just got a 5

am4nf

:
mazda5 furano
image.jpg

Plans are, get rid of the terrible Lexus lights, get a stainless exhaust system if I can find anywhere that sells them for these, moulded mud flaps, a front lip and a bigger rear spoiler

Anybody know what colour it is? And anyone know of any sites I can buy a stainless system off of

Welcome! It was seeing a phantom blue that got me interested in the Mazda5, very nice color and yours seem very well kept (or fixed)! Do you have the folding 7th seat option or power sliding doors? Would love to see pics of the 7th seat.

We don’t have much in terms of tail light options. You can go with stock options from Japan (expensive) or stock LED tails from the newer 08-10 GT cars we have in the US. The only aftermarket option is lamin-X tail light covers (think external tint paper) in shades of smoke or red. You can always open up the covers and paint the chrome surface or use translucent paint on the inside cover. Btw, Altezza lights look ok on an Altezza.

You’d have to go overseas for an SS exhaust too but you can always get a universal one and have a shop weld a hanger to fit. Unless you are looking for sound, the cost/hp ratio is not worth it on this car. Why not start with a nice finishing tip to start.

Bayson R is the only supplier that makes any reasonably priced body parts for this car. They have a nice VIP lip and spoiler.
You may like this spoiler.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Cheers for the replies it has the two folding rear seats I will get you a picture ;) thanks a lot for that link, hopefully they post to the uk have been looking for that eBay seller since seeing someone mention that lip I thought it was a brand name lol

These are the lights I want

image2.jpg

And wheels wise I'm thinking bbs ch unless I can get something dished or staggered in the right fitment

Last edited:
am4nf...your 5 is definitely a Strato Blue color. I had one before my current white one. Just FYI

Yes, I agree, I was wrong before, as it is indeed Strato Blue!

The tailights that you want in your attached pic are LED's and are from the 2008-2010 Touring and Grand Touring models here in the US.

Welcome. Very nice color indeed. Around here some people have preferred the tail lights on your car over the LEDs. You might want to read the pros and cons before you switch.

I don't remember specifics. I just remember the conversations. I don't think either have problems. It's just that some prefer one over the other, and it goes both ways.

You'll find a lot by using the search.

Pros and cons? Tell me more

I have the same tail lights as you and when I bought my car I also wanted to switch them out for the newer version with the line of LED lights. However the more I see the newer tailights the more they piss me off... it seems almost every one I see these days, the line of LED lights is slightly off, as in not in line with each other and it makes the whole taillight assembly look like a cheap chinese aftermarket knock-off. Poorly and cheaply constructed is my guess. This is why I've decided to stick with the ones I have, which look great anyway.

Hmmmm will need to have a close up look at them then haha. If I kept the rears I have at the moment id defo need to split them and spray the chrome bits lol

These are the lights I want

image2.jpg

And wheels wise I'm thinking bbs ch unless I can get something dished or staggered in the right fitment
When I had an '08 Sport, I wanted the 06-07 tail lights you have now. Now I have a GT (LED), I like it much more! The only pro (that I can think of) is that they look sportier.

I noticed your bumper reflector lights looks huge! Isit bc you have reverse fog lights? One reason I like the LED tails is bc it really lights up the back (I hate being the person behind the lights). :D

Anything BBS is proper. This reminds me to fix the RK1.

Which engine is in your 5? Wasn't there a Diesel engine available everywhere other than the USA? I love my 5, it looks exactly like yours. Well, mine's a lot dirtier and the steering wheel's on the other side, but still...
I thought these came with stainless exhausts, I live in Wisconsin (and Minnesota before that) so they put tons and tons of salt on the roads all winter, and my (original, OEM) exhaust is still going strong. Even with 120,000 miles.
Can we see the interior? I like seeing the 5's (Premacy's?) available in other markets.

I just got a M5 too ,but the GS model ,not very happy with my purchase ,because I found out there is no cruise control

You didn't realize it during the test drive?

Yah you need the GS with Convenience Package to get the cruise control. I hardly ever use the cruise control though, only when my right foot needs a break. I find it uses too much gas.

Does your car have air conditioning?

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I didnt notice the last replies....

When I had an '08 Sport, I wanted the 06-07 tail lights you have now. Now I have a GT (LED), I like it much more! The only pro (that I can think of) is that they look sportier.

I noticed your bumper reflector lights looks huge! Isit bc you have reverse fog lights? One reason I like the LED tails is bc it really lights up the back (I hate being the person behind the lights). :D

Anything BBS is proper. This reminds me to fix the RK1.

Rear reflectors over here are an MOT requirement, its got one bit central rear fog just under the bumper

Which engine is in your 5? Wasn't there a Diesel engine available everywhere other than the USA? I love my 5, it looks exactly like yours. Well, mine's a lot dirtier and the steering wheel's on the other side, but still...
I thought these came with stainless exhausts, I live in Wisconsin (and Minnesota before that) so they put tons and tons of salt on the roads all winter, and my (original, OEM) exhaust is still going strong. Even with 120,000 miles.
Can we see the interior? I like seeing the 5's (Premacy's?) available in other markets.

Mine is a 2.0 16v petrol and exhaust is just mild steel apart from a stuck on tip

You didn't realize it during the test drive?

Yah you need the GS with Convenience Package to get the cruise control. I hardly ever use the cruise control though, only when my right foot needs a break. I find it uses too much gas.

Does your car have air conditioning?

Mine does, but needs regassed haha

Back