Just finished...GT Widebody kit

maximumimpact

:
2003 Black Mica Mazdaspeed Protege #1012
So yeah, as detailed in another thread in th WA forum, I just finished getting my kit painted and installed. It's the VIS racing GT Wideboy kit...10 pieces, all in fiberglass.

Besides the fact that I need to be lowered (I'm working on that), how do all of you feel about the body?

Attachments

• DSC04648.JPG
    DSC04648.JPG
    374.4 KB · Views: 592
  • DSC04650.JPG
    DSC04650.JPG
    426 KB · Views: 497
  • DSC04653.JPG
    DSC04653.JPG
    381.5 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC04658.JPG
    DSC04658.JPG
    402.8 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC04646.JPG
    DSC04646.JPG
    350.1 KB · Views: 368
lasermp5 said:
I'll hold judgment till I see it with some wheels to accommodate the wb.

This is a must. You cant keep the stock wheels and there offset for that body kit. It looks like the lines match up good though.

Yeah wheels....uhm....I'm about $2000 short on wheels....

All the orange stuff you see in the front grill is wiring for the Catz HID stuff. I didn't put in the mesh grill because it looked like ass. I'm thinking of maybe making a solid fiberglass cover for that upper grill area....

maximumimpact said:
Yeah wheels....uhm....I'm about $2000 short on wheels....

All the orange stuff you see in the front grill is wiring for the Catz HID stuff. I didn't put in the mesh grill because it looked like ass. I'm thinking of maybe making a solid fiberglass cover for that upper grill area....

how about going with some spacers for now ???

I like it, but at least get some spacers and drop and it'll look much better.

I like it, but want to see a bigger set of rims put on it. Get you a cheap set from ebay until you can save up for the brand you want.

Roywhitep5 said:
until that day, this will have to be classified as rice

Ouch. That kinda isn't fair. That's like saying "I should just save up the 20K-30k and just build my car all at once". If I had the cash flow, I'd already have wheels, full coilovers, full trunk audio, motorized doors and hood and trunk....etc.

not to fond of the front fascia. also, if it were me, I would have molded those things on the front fender behind the wheel so it would look uniform. Other than that, nice. As stated prior, new rimss is a must. Now you can get some nice deep dish rims.

Question though, for the rear it is only a mold right? So getting rims to match the front wont really work there right due to the fact that the original rear fender line is still there and will rub on a wider rim?

the paint doesn't match. atleast thats what i see looking at the pics. from front bumper to everything else, it just doesn't look like it matches. and like everyone else, no justice is served until you get that thing lowered with some huge wheels to go with the wb.

Back