Just another yellow P5 build...

Pistons came in today. Wiseco 8.5:1 cr. I got a really good deal on them.

20160913_202159_zpsdisg3onv.jpg

Comparison vs stock

20160913_202929_zpsahqq1ugi.jpg

I remember the days when I had a DG lip, the fiberglass/carbon fiber one. Is yours the polyurethane one? You're going to be working on another intake manifold?

Yeah, its a polyurethane one. It's very flexible and lightweight. So far after heat gunning for about an hour, the fitment is superb. No complaints. And I'm digging alot. Much lower in the front. It's going to be painted with just the top half yellow.

And i had the opportunity to get this 626 manifold. And have already sold my hollowed, ported, shaved one. Just waiting on payment. This frees up alot of room in the bay and especially underneath. And tucking wires through will be a breeze.

Nice! I still need to adjust my MSP lip to get rid of gaps on the side but have just been feeling lazy about it.......

I just have to wait for my 626 intake to be finished. Going to be a while for that.

Pulled off the bumper, removed the lower grill, and carefully cut everything out.

20160926_230029_zpsef6g2ctw.jpg

Then pulled the crash bar off and cut about an inch off the bottom for proper intercooler fitment.

20160926_225942_zpsurslceub.jpg

You should see my original bumper lol. This was before I cut the crash bar completely, the intercooler was pushed out a lot so I had to cut a large section of the bumper off. Didnt like it so I cut the crash bar the way you did and ordered a new bumper

So far it's all looking good. I ran into the issues of the intercooler mounts not fitting/ being old and brittle. I snapped them off, which left me with no mounts whatsoever. I drilled two holes through the top plate of the intercooler, bent some fins out of the way, and jammed some nuts in between there. Will run studs up through the crash bar. Kind of unconventional, but better than zip ties.

That DG lip was a nice find. I think they're even less common than the MSP lip now. Did you get the EGR pipe with the 626 mani?

Thanks, the lip is really growing on me. I never really liked them before, but this is the first I've ever seen in real life. It adds alot of aggressiveness to the front end. Especially without the grill.

And I do still need the egr pipe for the 626 mani. Hopefully you were hinting that you had one to sell me. Haha.

Thanks, the lip is really growing on me. I never really liked them before, but this is the first I've ever seen in real life. It adds alot of aggressiveness to the front end. Especially without the grill.

And I do still need the egr pipe for the 626 mani. Hopefully you were hinting that you had one to sell me. Haha.

Good thing you picked up a real one. I bought one of those fiberglass replicas from Canada and fitment was horrible.

haha I wish! I've been thinking about ditching the bored out stock manifold idea and going with a 626 as well. But there's also the carbon fiber Pope manifold that's coming out soon...

Back