It's been fun...

mspdfreak

:
2006 Mustang GT
Well, I did it. I turned to the dark side. I picked up an '06 Mustang GT yesterday...traded in the MSP.

I've enjoyed the car thouroughly, and have no real complaints.

I just love the v8 power.

I'll still visit, but probably won't do much more posting.

I've learned alot here, and appreciate all the good advice I've been given.

Ya'll take care.

Dark side? Don't most people use that to refer to DSM? Oh well, have fun with the 06 Mustang. My dad bought one not too long ago. So far, he has not had any problems. I doubt that he will do too much modding, but he's already looking for exhaust and intake. The funny thing is, my dad is 61 years old, lol.

The mustang is awesome, I cant blame. Enjoy it, I know if gas weren't $3 a gal for premium I would try to get one...

booo...the new mustangs aren't as bad as the old ones but...I'd wait till the camaro comes out. Have fun with all those horses.

hopefully whoever buys your msp will take care of it, rather than some 16-year old asshat who will beat the s*** out of it

pluto316 said:
Pushrod Pushrod Lol

That would be GM ... if I am not mistaken Ford has not had push rod V8 in the stang since 1996. I could be wrong.. and I am too lazy to google it.

JOS3 said:
hopefully whoever buys your msp will take care of it, rather than some 16-year old asshat who will beat the s*** out of it

i don't think you should generalize that 16-year old is the age of "asshat" just a thought (i am 17 myself) but some ppl grow up with cars and in the garage and some grow up around civic's with evo wings and watermellon launchers lol so yes most 16 year olds are "asshats" but some are not! so we can just say lets hope SOME "asshat" doesn't buy it! :) not to be mean or rip on you! don't want to offend.

Back on topic. Sry to see you go! have fun with the stang! they are fun! lots of power there!

New Mustangs are nice. My brother has an 05 GT, and he loves it. Plenty of power, and the car is uncharacteristically well-refined. The interior isn't cheap and cheesy, the stereo rocks, and you gotta love the throaty V8.

Plus the aftermarket is already huge for these things. If you could have seen the SEMA show last autumn. Nearly every other booth had a new Mustang sitting in front of it.

bratliff said:
That would be GM ... if I am not mistaken Ford has not had push rod V8 in the stang since 1996. I could be wrong.. and I am too lazy to google it.

It's modular, but PUSHRODS are present.

Pushrod engines have their own pros and cons. One benefit to Ford and GM not changing engines very often and using the same engine in 500 different cars is that the cost of parts comes down.

A friend blew up his 2.3L turbo ford engine (due to a faulty oil line. The thing ran 10psi on 87 octane or 24psi on 93). Entire rebuild kit cost him $50. Then he bought a spare motor for parts for another $20. If you want cheap power, tried and true domestic engines are the way to go.

mspdfreak said:
Well, I did it. I turned to the dark side. I picked up an '06 Mustang GT yesterday...traded in the MSP.

I've enjoyed the car thouroughly, and have no real complaints.

I just love the v8 power.

I'll still visit, but probably won't do much more posting.

I've learned alot here, and appreciate all the good advice I've been given.

Ya'll take care.

We'll hate to see you go. Thanks for the help with my Mazda "paint pack" issue. Was very nice of you.

Enjoy the *cough* Rustang. Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily) makes a great product. Did I say that out loud? (poke)

Just messing with you. I'm sure it rocks. Trick it out and post us some pics mang!

Enjoy the *cough* Rustang. Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily) makes a great product. Did I say that out loud?

last time a checked ford held the majority sharehold of mazda(something like 20-30%), so technically your driving one too.

jeffmsp said:
last time a checked ford held the majority sharehold of mazda(something like 20-30%), so technically your driving one too.

And the one part Ford touches (the ECU) is all ****** up. Go figure.

Back