Is our shock same as Feista 2010

woot woot

:
Mazda 2
Hi just thought i would ask. My GF has a 2010 Ford Fiesta and her shocks are gone. I still have my standard shocks from my 2, and wanted to put them in. I was unsure if our strut top rubber mounts are the same, and also if it would be simple swap over of the springs to the newer shocks and top mount and bolt in?

Cheers in advance

I know a lot of b-spec guys used the Ford kit before mazda released theirs, so I would assume the shocks should mount up with little if any modifications.

Hi just thought i would ask. My GF has a 2010 Ford Fiesta and her shocks are gone. I still have my standard shocks from my 2, and wanted to put them in. I was unsure if our strut top rubber mounts are the same, and also if it would be simple swap over of the springs to the newer shocks and top mount and bolt in?

Cheers in advance

I believe it's exactly that.. rubber mounts differ but I believe you can just transfer them from the old ones or buy new OEM rubber mounts for the fiesta. They differ a bit based on your trim level. My friend had a fiesta with a sport package, which is essentially what the Mazda2 suspension is. However if she has base model or ST, take note that rubber mounts may be different.

I think she has the base model. Would there be a difference in terms of ride and height if I put the Mazda 2 top mounts in? Pretty sure her strut mounts are toasted also

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

That's honestly a question for a fiesta owner. I know that if you put the mazda struts in that the fiesta spring rates will be a bit off, just because of the differences in ride height between the base fiesta and fiesta S. Also not sure of any aussie differences, the fiesta wasn't sold in the US until 2011. Also just to clarify, are you referring to the strut mounts? bump stops? or the shock bellow itself? Sorry you guys over there might call it a different thing. From what I remember I think the strut mount is a FoMoCo (universal part) but the bellow and bump stops differ from fiesta to mazda2

So to answer your question...IDK. But her car will for sure ride lower, changing the spring rates a bit. Any fiesta experts around?

I think she has the base model. Would there be a difference in terms of ride and height if I put the Mazda 2 top mounts in? Pretty sure her strut mounts are toasted also

I'll take a look after work in about an hour and see what's written on the mount of mine.

Thanks heaps. I am referring to the strut mount that bolts to the strut tower. The ride height does not really matter that much. Need to do the sway bar links also which from memory are the same.

Thanks heaps. I am referring to the strut mount that bolts to the strut tower. The ride height does not really matter that much. Need to do the sway bar links also which from memory are the same.

Top mounts are exactly the same, except for the price. You can buy the Mazda ones from Mazda for $65 each or get a pair of Fiesta ones with bearings on eBay for $45. They are exact in every way. I've ordered multiple sets from different aftermarket manufactures and some of them have more rubber in the center hat for vibration isolation, but function exactly as original.

You will be fine putting the Mazda struts in your GF's car. It will lower the car slightly, and give a much sportier ride as the Mazda shock valving IS the sport tuned kit offered by Ford. Not to be confused with the Autocross kit which was the old Mazda2 BSpec kit or the Ford Racing Motorsport kit which is the Fiesta B Spec kit.

Hope this clarifies things. It's a bolt in procedure if you are putting the entire Mazda strut spring in. Where it gets iffy is when you mix Mazda struts with Ford Springs. They are different bases.

Last edited:
^what he said😂☺ ...yeah just looked at the entire assembly when I got off shift, FoMoCo:D let us know how the install goes

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Maybe. With the heavier Fiesta, not sure what the rear ride height will look like. They are easy to swap, so worse case, you're out 40 minutes to try them.

Tried to get fiesta sway bar link here but no one makes them. Are they also same as Mazda 2? I know they have a different sway bar.

Tried to get fiesta sway bar link here but no one makes them. Are they also same as Mazda 2? I know they have a different sway bar.

They do have a different sway bar size, but same shape. They are interchangeable also. Just be careful on the sway bar links though. Some aftermarket companies make a beefier unit and when either car is lowered, they rub on the inner fender well sheet metal. The Fiesta ST links have a larger bolt size, but the base Ford units are the same as the Mazda units.

AFAIK, they're still on the same platform. But, from about 15 seconds worth of googling, I can't confirm that the 2014/2015 Fiesta has the same part numbers for assosciated springs. 100% 2011-2013 stuff is interchangeable though.

Coilovers seem to be "universal" between all the Fiesta stuff though, as a few different manufacturers list the same coils for the ST and regular Fiesta.

AFAIK, they're still on the same platform. But, from about 15 seconds worth of googling, I can't confirm that the 2014/2015 Fiesta has the same part numbers for assosciated springs. 100% 2011-2013 stuff is interchangeable though.

Coilovers seem to be "universal" between all the Fiesta stuff though, as a few different manufacturers list the same coils for the ST and regular Fiesta.

excellent, thanks :D

Latest posts

Back