ipod integration on '09 nav (pics)

Ipod Integration

First time I'm seeing actual screenshots of the Nav LCD with IPOD Integration module. Hard-to-find-info. I have a 2009 CX9 GT with Rear Entertainment system, sirius, dvd navigation, bluetooth, etc. The Nav screen shows (2) aux inputs, Rear DVD player uses #2 and #1 is located in cubby hole. Ipod currently works through #1. I want to control the Ipod and see Ipod info on the Nav screen. What will happen if I install the Ipod Integration module? Will it work like I'm seeing here in the screenshots? Will one or both of the aux ports become disabled? Googling this stuff leads you to very conflicting info. My dealer doesn't really know, but they sure want to sell me the module/harness and labor time. Thanks

Will I lose functionality in one of the aux ports, or sirius, or nav? I'm guessing I'll lose aux port one. not a big deal as I'm using it only for the ipod. No one at mazda is able to answer this and I thought I was close to getting a real answer seeing the screenshots at the start of this post, but clearly that person does not have the rear entertainment system . . . aux 2 is grayed out. Will the module only add the functionality to control the ipod through the actual LCD nav screen and take nothing else away? By the way I have a 6th gen (I believe) Ipod, the 160 GB classic.

I've been on the site you reference. There's really no pertinent info there though. And in the example they use, there's no nav. And it really seems to contradict what jbdiver shows us in post 1 at the start of this thread. really confusing and contradicting info. got anything else to reference or someone at mazda on the inside of this stuff? thanks

IPod cable not required

When I was first buying my CX-9 GT I was going to get the iPod cable installed, but then after reading the manual (a novel idea, eh?) I discovered that our system has Bluetooth Audio! And I just happened to own an iPhone. Well didn't the iPhone release an update that gave it stereo bluetooth! Now I have my iPhone synced to the stereo and get wonderful sound with no harness required. Sounds to me like this is the way to go - get a bluetooth compatible sound device (many are listed) like the iPhone and avoid the expense of the cable altogether!

Back