Interesting happenings AND TWM bushing impressions

mordant80

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3
Alright, my shifter bushings got delivered to my home while I'm at work. So I'm on my way home from work and there's this really nice older oldsmobile that this older gentleman is driving right behind me. He looked like he was about 60 years old or so, and it looked like he had alot of work done to this car. Well, we're driving along and we go on this stretch of nice curvy road with no traffic so i decide to partake in some spirited driving. Sure enough this fellow is going to join in the fun. I was actually quite surprised, my turbo kicked in and this olds is still right with me. I'm not driving as hard as I could, not even close to breaking traction around the curves. I look in the rearview and the guy is fishtailing all over the place. I slow down and watch and sure enough he loses it and runs straight in to the side of the mountain. Tore up the front of his car pretty good. I stopped to make sure he was OK. He was fine, obviously frustrated though, the car was still drivable so he went on. I feel awful for the guy but I think it really says something about the handling of the MS3 as well. Like I said, wasnt even close to breaking traction and this wasn't some young punk, seemed to be a seasoned driver.

But anywho, got the TWM shifter bushings in. I was actually surprised, made more of a difference than I thought it would. Only two words I can think of to describe the feeling is crisp and solid. There are no extra vibrations or anything like that. I'm impressed. Now if my CS inserts would hurry up and get here!

An Oldsmobile in the twisties?

2w3756o.jpg

sounds to me like the guy got what was coming (still feel sorry for him tho). idk of any olds ever that was designed to turn. lol

Yeah if the guy was having fun and not being a jerk, I'd feel bad for him too. Nice that you stopped to see how he was doing. My Mazda 6 handled pretty well for a sedan and I remember a guy in a truck trying to take a 90 degree turn I just took at speed. I looked in the rearview mirror and saw his truck (I think it was a Silverado) up on two wheels after fishtailing and oversteering badly. He just stopped for couple seconds (I guess to re-think things over, lol).

Anyway, long story short, some people just don't know their vehicle's limitations. Luckily the damage wasn't too bad.

With those bushings you'll probably want to eventually invest in the SS - it's worth every penny imo.

Hehe, I'm pretty sure the guy was just tryin to have some fun playin keep up. He seemed nice enough when I stopped to check on him. Eventually i'll be getting the short shifter, but thats gonna be a ways down the road. Need to start saving some money and quit livin the paycheck to paycheck life.

Alright, my shifter bushings got delivered to my home while I'm at work. So I'm on my way home from work and there's this really nice older oldsmobile that this older gentleman is driving right behind me. He looked like he was about 60 years old or so, and it looked like he had alot of work done to this car. Well, we're driving along and we go on this stretch of nice curvy road with no traffic so i decide to partake in some spirited driving. Sure enough this fellow is going to join in the fun. I was actually quite surprised, my turbo kicked in and this olds is still right with me. I'm not driving as hard as I could, not even close to breaking traction around the curves. I look in the rearview and the guy is fishtailing all over the place. I slow down and watch and sure enough he loses it and runs straight in to the side of the mountain. Tore up the front of his car pretty good. I stopped to make sure he was OK. He was fine, obviously frustrated though, the car was still drivable so he went on. I feel awful for the guy but I think it really says something about the handling of the MS3 as well. Like I said, wasnt even close to breaking traction and this wasn't some young punk, seemed to be a seasoned driver.

But anywho, got the TWM shifter bushings in. I was actually surprised, made more of a difference than I thought it would. Only two words I can think of to describe the feeling is crisp and solid. There are no extra vibrations or anything like that. I'm impressed. Now if my CS inserts would hurry up and get here!

Interesting choice for the old man to try and even drive that thing in the twisties. I ordered my shifter bushing from SU couple of days ago. I hope i get em today. I sure hope it makes a difference in the shifting.

I did some google picture searching and it was one of these. It was in perfect condition. I think it was the same color. The man took care of it prior to the twisties.

Attachments

• 2077891_77.jpg
    2077891_77.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 128
Back