Intake Manifold Installed

smithers_0990

On and On
:
02 P5 & 01 Audi S4
I finally finished the ported intake manifold install.

Whew! What a task. A few cuts, one hugh bump on my arm, and about 4 hours later I did it.

I havent really gotten on it hard yet, mainly because I am afraid of something breaking. But from what I can tell it pulls more smoothly throughout the RPM range.

Lets all pray that nothing goes wrong with the opperation from here on out.

Happy Motoring(drive)

You should have put one of nsn motorsports' thermal spacers in while you had it off.
I really wanted to, but I am getting low on money and I have to pay for school and books in a little bit.

I dont really know what you people want pictures of. Ill take a few of the engine bay. If you want anything specific let me know.

(eyeballs)

Attachments

• DSCN0161.JPG
    DSCN0161.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 746
  • DSCN0162.JPG
    DSCN0162.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 756
Last edited:
Well, I found out that this mod was worth it.

It does pull much smoother through out the entire powerband. First gear has a lot more pull, the tires are struggling to hold. 2nd gear pulls good, 3rd and 4th pull harder in the higher RPM band (4500+).

If your thinking of doing this mod:

1. Take your time.
2. Give yourself enough time.
3. Have a friend to encourage you.

(friday)

Do you have any details on what you did exactly? I mean the procedure that you used to do this...

smithers_0990 said:
Thanks. I have been moving, and getting married, and looking for a new job over the past two months, and haven't really been too active on the forums like before. I missed a little bit, but thanks for the reply.

Back