installed amp, subs and new head unit. now AC is blowing hot and engine overheating

djimprov

:
2003 Mazda Protege 5
Hey Everyone,

New to the forum. I purchased a 2003 Mazda Protege 5 about a month ago. Today I decided I needed some boom boom to go with my zoom zoom. I had a shop install 2 JL 12w3v1 a pioneer amp and a kenwood head unit. She absolutely pounds. however 30 minutes after leaving the shop I noticed the AC was blowing warm then I noticed that the temperature gauge was through the roof. could this have anything to do with the install or just a crazy coincidence?

fuses under the hood seem to be in order... if the fans weren't working would that affect my AC blowing warm instead of cold? I will double check fuses first thing in the morning.

check the fuses under the dash as well that would be my guess with out looking at it but the shop should have never touched any thing to do with the ac or they could not have hooked the wires back up or as well as the cable behind the control panel the nobbs for hot and old and so on if its not the fuses then take it back and get them to fix it they should fix it for free dont let it go too long and bring your paper work when you go good luck

thanks for the advice I will check those fuses as well. I will be taking it back to them first thing tomorrow morning. I am just confused by both the AC blowing warm and the temperature gauge going through the roof. I wonder if it is just a coincidence and if my thermostat needs to be replaced.

all fuses seem to be fine. fans seem to be working fine as well. drove the car for approx 15 minutes. when I first started driving AC was blowing cold however 10 minutes in and it started blowing warm and temperature gauge went through the roof again. I had to turn on the heater on full to take heat away from the engine. I am starting to think this probably has nothing to do with the stereo install and that I need a new thermostat. any thoughts?

After letting it cool down I noticed that my coolant is about an inch lower than it was before I took the car out. Yet I can't find any leaks.

I was terrified of a blown head gasket... thankfully it was just my thermostat. I replaced the thermostat and flushed my coolant and all is better (yippy) now my (p5white) is zoom zoomin and boom boomin (drive2) thanks for all the help.

Back