Injen on my 2010

Sean2010

:
2010 Mazda 3
So, I bought an Ingen intake off Exneon 2 weeks ago and it arrived today. I have a 2010 5 speed and didn't know if it would work or not so I decided to be a guinnea pig.

The whole install took be about 30-40 mins. One main thing I noticed was the huge resonator that wasn't there like in the previous gen. All that came out was the 2 halfs of the airbox.

Overall it was an easy job. Never had to take off the wheel nor take off the wheelwell. I did every bit of it from over the engine bay.

The filter sits behind the headlightand down a little.

Here are some pics...questions are welcome.

intake009.jpg

intake002.jpg

intake003.jpg

intake005.jpg

intake006.jpg

intake007.jpg

intake004.jpg

All of this stuff wasn't in the new generation...got this off another thread
CIMG1064.jpg

So far so CEL (knocks on wood)...lol...I guess i'll do the real test tomorrow on my way to work over the highway...So far sweeeeet

yea, ya wont know with different brand intakes until you try it. I did and no regrets as of yet.

I would say the best part about the install is not having to take anything apart (ie. taking off the bumper or wheelwell)

looks really good. how you liking the car overall?

Overall, I love the car. It's peppy, sporty, and the colour makes it an eye turner...well so does my exhaust :p i can't really say anything that I don't like about the car aside for the 8000km oil changes. I'm going to start doing my own intermediate oil changes. 8000kms is too long. You can hear the engine ticking away now and it sounds bad.

I have 13,500 on the car now. Think it's ok to switch to synthetic?

The intake has a nice sound over 3000rpm (hear ya)

13,500 km? you should be fine. i switched mine at 3400 miles (~5500 KM). and yes, doing your own oil changes is much better. and with synthetic you can wait the 8000 km. conventional should be changed at 4800 km or so.

Well about 500 kms so far and no cel (knock on wood). I believe now that it works just fine. Just updating to make people feel more secure about it

I had to put my winter wheels on the other day :(

They are my old 1995 nissan maxima stock aluminum wheels. The honeycombs :p

But whatever, they're aluminum, it looks better than steelies, especially since they are going to be on for at least another 4 or 5 months

Any fitment issue, I.E. rubbing? Was the intake off of a 2.0 or 2.3L? Being a 5-speed, you're a 2.0L as well, aren't you?

I'm sure you realize this, but in the picture you had left the plastic piece that goes from the air filter box to the "fresh air scoop" in the grill. It is the piece hanging there with the round end that goes to a bellow and up to the top of the radiator. There is another piece then that fits above the radiator and directs cold air from the front grill to the stock air filter box. Both can come out, but the top piece holds two hoses in place, so you'll need to tie them in place or figure out another bracket. Not a big deal, but those pieces aren't used any longer with the Injen in place.

No fitment issues whatsoever. Even the mount had a proper spot to be secured. It was in intake off a 2.3L. Either way, wouldn't make a difference in my books. And yes, My car is a 2.0L. I left that piece directing air towards the airbox in place because it still shoots air in the general direction of the intake which is better imo. Maybe it makes not a lick of difference, maybe it does.

Back