Injen filter quality

sal002

I currently have a BOMZ SRI, but am getting increasingly worried about the quality of the filter. I have been tipped off by two things:

1. Wild swings in MPG (20 - 35)
2. Oil has been very dark, with almost noticeable dirt in it - I need to send it away for analysis.

I am curious as to the quality of filtration of Injen's filter. Is it comparable (or hopefully better) than K&N? I either need to go back to stock - or go with Injen.

Injen claims they use K&N filters..

but.. with your BOMZintake, there's nothing stopping you from using a K&N on it right?

keeping your filter slightly oiled will help block a lot of the dirt that could be entering through your cheaper filter..

i am not sure why this thread is called injen filter quality?
they use k&n.
go get one for your intake should work out fine for you.

True enough...though w/ no local auto shops carrying a K&N conical that will fit on my intake, and not willing to guess on dimensions w/o visual confirmation.

Won't oil harm the probably cheap BOMZ imitation filter? Or can I directly oil that?

the correct oil (buy the K&N stuff i fyou're not sure) won't harm any filter (minus paper of course)

here's what to do.. go measure your intake tube size..

go online to knfilters.com.. and find the inlet size you want..

take the P/N to the store with you, (ANY AUTO STORE ALMOST, not just import shop.. ) and have them order the K&N for you..

seth,

From what I understand, even K&N doesn't filter nearly as good as stock. I don't want to waste another $30 (or more if I can't figure out which filter to get) only to do further damage to my engine....

Back