I'm pissed!

syrpro5

I HATE SUB ZERO TEMPS!!!

yesterday I went to my car to go to work. Hitting my Electric Key Button to unlock my Doors, and lift the handle- AND NOTHING!!

I thought it was frozen, so I start pushing in on the door and then pull gently on the handle. With no luck I go to the passenger side. Again, No Luck! Finally the back door opens. YUP! I climb from the back to see that the door never unlocked, though all my other doors did. This happened once before but not for months. All the doors will unlock electrically but the drivers side door.

In the process of trying to "free" my door from Ice, I dented the body slightly enough to see, and cracked the Handle trim about 1/8 of an inch.

Does anyone have the same issue with cold temps? Does anyone have an idea for repairing this?

Thanks!!!

carry a battery-operated hair dryer with you.

lucky for me...georgia doesn't get that cold...but it does get hot as hell down here.

yup. doors frozen shut this morning and plenty of other mornings too. Gotta put vaseline or something on the rubber so it doesn't stick.

Topher said:
carry a battery-operated hair dryer with you.

lucky for me...georgia doesn't get that cold...but it does get hot as hell down here.

Yeah, what really sucks is having the car so hot the rear view mirror falls off due to the glue re-melting. Or all of your glass stickers peeling off. Or just not being able to touch the steering wheel and shift knob in general without coming away with 3rd degree burns (ugh)

Buy the De-Icer stuff...comes in a can...works almost instantly to melt ice and snow. Awesome. Find it at any auto parts store.

Eric

ottawaP5, yup. I was tugging on a locked door... There was no way i could see that it wasn't locked due to frost.

And thats my question, has anyone experience the electronic door locks not functioning correctly due to the cold weather? i tried unlocking the door with the key remote. All but the driverside unlocks.

Also, My windows freeze so they can't roll down, will silicon grease fix this?

Thanks alot guys for the replies!!

i haven't experienced any of the issues you described....of course i am in south florida :D

sorry to hear about the damage though.

syrpro5 said:
ottawaP5, yup. I was tugging on a locked door... There was no way i could see that it wasn't locked due to frost.

And thats my question, has anyone experience the electronic door locks not functioning correctly due to the cold weather? i tried unlocking the door with the key remote. All but the driverside unlocks.

Also, My windows freeze so they can't roll down, will silicon grease fix this?

Thanks alot guys for the replies!!

Yep I have...only the driver's side would not work. I brought it in to the dealer and they just greased up the inside of the door....it hasn't done it since.

Bucket Of Silly Hot Water on the door panel will get it open, but then you should let it dry in a garage...

ottawaP5, they greased it up? It doesn't have anything to do with the electrical system? also is it under warranty?? Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!

same thing happened to me today! it was the rear passenger door though. it didn't work when I used the power switch in the car or on the remote. i haven't checked it since it happened. (dunno)

syrpro5 said:
ottawaP5, they greased it up? It doesn't have anything to do with the electrical system? also is it under warranty?? Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!

That's what the bill said....I thought it was electrical myself as well. And yes, it is covered under warranty. The only thing is reproducing the problem at the dealership may be tricky!

Back