Ignition off --> Door Unlock

BoPro5

:
03.5 Protege5
I'm looking for a mod I thought i saw on here. It made it so when you turned the ignition off it unlocked your doors. Can anyone help me out?

well has anyone got some wiring diagrams. hell ill look at them and try to figure it out if no one else is willing to share there knowledge with everyone else.

manual

under service download section 9 (body) security and locks starts on 9-14

anything else you need is on that site. hope that helps on a starting point.

i remember someone doing this but with the e-brake. seemed like to much precision work for me though..

now that i look at it, i don't think you can unlock off the ignition. cause the ignition wiring only draws power when you turn the key in the on direction. so unless there is a way to direct power when power is being turned off, i'm screwed.

the e-brake idea sound good. one wire. gets power when you pull it. redirect that power to the door locks and viola!!!

Right? some one tell me what i'm doing!

oooooooh wait. i know i'm talking to myself but whatever. turn the key to acc and it draws power from two of the wires(2A and 1D) going to the ignition. k... make a link between those two wires so when power flows to those two then power flows to to the unlock side of the door lock switch.....

Right??????

Last edited:
only problem is there is power to those two wires(2A and 1D) when the car is in the on position.

Would that make the doors stay unlocked while the car is on?

This actualy isn't much of a headace..

All you need is a timer relay and program it to 0,5 sec pulse.

when you turn your ignition off the wires from ign barrel go from + 12v to - . So you could youse that to power upp your relay.

I would not recomend to connect stright to e-brake couse you would not be able to lock the car.

I know bad grammar.. I did my best:)

Ingi.

my car does this, it has some gay alarm system that was on it when i bought it. everytime the car is unlocked from being locked the drivers door opens... i'm serious

I have a Viper alarm and when I turn the car on a few seconds later it locks and when the car is turned off it unlocks. Great feature.

hey is that really possible somehow?
i would like to mod mine as per the same. cost never matter there

Just get an alarm that does it. Mine only cost me $220 and it does the lock and unlock and it gives you the security of having a good alarm.

Back