if you could do it all over again...

:
protege 5
So, if you you could go back to the day before you bought the p5, would you but it, or would you have picked something else? Reason for asking is i am currently thinking of buying one and dont want to regret getting it. Any input is greatly appreciated, positive or negative. TIA

christie:)

it depends - would i have the same amount of money if i did it all over again? if not, and we are talking about cars in the 16k price range, i would never look back

the one i was looking at the dealer put aftermarket rims on it and when we were on a test drive they were rubbing like crazy. is this normal?? or does the dealer just not know what the hell hes doing??

ill have to make them swap the rims or something. thanks for the info guys, im sure ill be back.

christie

p.s. Razorp5, i love your aviator!!

nah... my car is so much nicer looking than all the rest i was considering. Plus i get more stuff with the same price. Only 400 extra for leather seats can you believe it?

I honestly don't know.. I was that close to buying a WRX.

If I did it agian.. I can't say, sometimes I hate the car because it's so slow, and I wish someone would hit it and total it out. Sometimes I enjoy driving it because the chassis is so good.

<-- confused

All automobiles suck.

There is nothing better in this price range tho.

No regrets whatsoever about getting a P5. The best 4-door hatch in the price range.

Every car purchase is a compromise - you are always going to have some trade-off in terms of styling, power, handling, utility, purchase cost and cost to own. For me, the P5 comes out on top with the best combination.

The only thing I would change about my purchase is actually holding out for a P5 with ABS and maybe the roof rack. The standard features were more than sufficient, and these were the only two options I was interested in. Still deciding about whether to buy a factory rack from somebody or go with a removable Thule or Yakima set-up.

If I had to do it all over again, yeah, I'd go the same way. Our cars stock are slow, but it's all good. I love it. It was either this, a sentra, a civic, a corolla, or a used car. And I have horrible luck with used cars. And (no offence to anyone) in my opinion, it was the best looking of them all. And since I got mine late 2002, I got a decent deal on the 2002.5 model. Of course they had to ship it from another dealership in another city, so I had to wait ac ouple of days for it.

I just bought mine, so of course I'm still in the honeymoon phase but...

I luv my car :)
By FAR the best looking of the ones I was scoping out (civic, matrix, corolla, protege sedan) I love the styling. I kinda got the shaft on my loan (I'm a first time, 19yr old buyer so I have sort of a high APR at 6.45%) so I wish I had gotten a better deal on that, but I love the car. Sure, its slow, but im willing to sacrifice some power for a warrentee and a hot looking ride. Regrets? Waiting too long and missing out on the only lazer blue one that the dealer had (missed it by a week)
Plus, my insurance is cheaper than the corrolla and the civic (because of the high theft) and my payments are lower then a slower/less loaded matrix. Plus, the pr5 looks so much better...my fog lights dominate the matrix's fog lights :)

I just bought mine, so of course I'm still in the honeymoon phase but...

I luv my car :)
By FAR the best looking of the ones I was scoping out (civic, matrix, corolla, protege sedan) I love the styling. I kinda got the shaft on my loan (I'm a first time, 19yr old buyer so I have sort of a high APR at 6.45%) so I wish I had gotten a better deal on that, but I love the car. Sure, its slow, but im willing to sacrifice some power for a warrentee and a hot looking ride. Regrets? Waiting too long and missing out on the only lazer blue one that the dealer had (missed it by a week)
Plus, my insurance is cheaper than the corrolla and the civic (because of the high theft) and my payments are lower then a slower/less loaded matrix. Plus, the pr5 looks so much better...my fog lights dominate the matrix's fog lights :)

I would've gotten something else..... Buying new cars, in my opinion, is a waste of money due to the decrease in value once you drive it off the lot.... BUT the Protege5 is a great car in every aspect except power..........

I would have definitely stayed with the P5, BUT, I would have looked around for the 2003.5 version! I have a regular 2003 with no sub and cupholder lid... but it's all good... i love my car!

Latest posts

Back