Idling engine vibration

Pen Guin

:
Mazda2 Sport Automatic
Ever since new (about 3 months ago) I have noticed a nasty vibration with fully warmed engine and in drive (auto). RPMs seem unusually low at about 500. It seems that at about 600 RPM, the idle is smooth, but that is only during warm up phase when the idle is higher. The vibration is enough to rattle the passenger headrest. Also, (may be related) I have noticed about half of the time, a slight clunk and jerk from the transmission as it downshifts to 1st just before stopping. The other half of the time is smooth. Anybody have similar experience?

Check your motor and trans mounts... My right front mount was bad and it was doing the same thing

Mine does that slightly when the A/C is on. Even then it isn't that bad.

Check your motor and trans mounts... My right front mount was bad and it was doing the same thing

His mounts shouldn't be shot at just 3 months old.. I haven't heard of any failure on the mounts yet. Though I cannot think of a reason to rule what you said, out.

I have the Same issue (2008 M2 - 1,3L). Had the ECU timing and idle settings checked last time it went in for service.

The dealer said it was all normal and gave me a print of the idle graph. Apparently nothing to worry about, but still kinda of a annoying vibration.

Did anyone one find a solution ?
I'm gonna try and replace the plugs in the spring

Back