Idle Stumble at red light ??

Rod_Maz

:
2003.5 Titanium Gray Mazdaspeed
Hi,

I took a drive to see the new mazdaspeed (miata) , really nice by the way, and went on the highway took and exit, my car was really running fine .. and then stop at a red light and suddenlly the rpm went down it almost stalled the car, so i gave it a little bit of gaz so it woudnt stall and here i go to the next light ... and the same thing again ... it slowly went down as if i was shutting down the car, so i came back home like a ten min drive without driving it too hard and it was fine ... i stop the car and restarted it .. and everything good as new ..

what was that ... hummm my tank is pretty empty but the light is not on its just below quarter tank ....

thanks

i think that is just sort of normal for our cars. It is the idle control thing or whatever that makes it do that but also when your a/c kicks on it will sometimes do that too.

Mine does that when the fan kicks in. Sometimes worse than others but as long as it doesn't stall I'm not going to worry too much.

But at what rpm does your msp idle at ... mine is most of the time at 500 !

Mine drops very low sometimes, and there is really nothing you can do about it. My car has actually stalled on me twice.

Chris

tbl said:
grounding kit + nology wires and this is gone

Is that true ... and by the way i know what the main purpose of the grounding kit .. but does it make a noticable change on your car ... or its just to correct some little problem ?

Yeah the lack of idle problems is a noticable difference. I would say acceleration is 'smoother'. Any power increases (1-2hp) are not noticable but likely there, however it did increase my mileage by 4-6mpg

tbl said:
Yeah the lack of idle problems is a noticable difference. I would say acceleration is 'smoother'. Any power increases (1-2hp) are not noticable but likely there, however it did increase my mileage by 4-6mpg

really nice ! cause my acceleration is not alway that smooth .. anyway thanks ill look for a grounding kit

I don't mean to say that this fixes hesitation, but it is a much finer grain. That is the only way I can really describe it. I reccomend 1st MP3's grounding kit, it's what I have, I love it, came with great step by step instructions, everything was perfect cut to lenth. I cannot say enough good things about it, well worth the $75

tbl said:
I don't mean to say that this fixes hesitation, but it is a much finer grain. That is the only way I can really describe it. I reccomend 1st MP3's grounding kit, it's what I have, I love it, came with great step by step instructions, everything was perfect cut to lenth. I cannot say enough good things about it, well worth the $75

i know theres no perfect fix but if it can help why not try it ... ill look into it

Had the same problem latley glad to know its a "common" thing among the cars

Rod_Maz said:
Hi,

I took a drive to see the new mazdaspeed (miata) , really nice by the way, and went on the highway took and exit, my car was really running fine .. and then stop at a red light and suddenlly the rpm went down it almost stalled the car, so i gave it a little bit of gaz so it woudnt stall and here i go to the next light ... and the same thing again ... it slowly went down as if i was shutting down the car, so i came back home like a ten min drive without driving it too hard and it was fine ... i stop the car and restarted it .. and everything good as new ..

what was that ... hummm my tank is pretty empty but the light is not on its just below quarter tank ....

thanks
I have the same problem!

(scratch)

Back