Idle problems

im kinda guessing its the 02 sensor, I hooked my air/fuel gauge back up and its getting really weird readings. would a bad 02 sensor do that?

Hmm... Depends if your Air Fuel Ratio Gauge is a Wideband... If it's a narrow band it will always give you some weird readings.... But a bad o2 sensor will definently give you some weird readings.

its a narrow band autometer, its ready very lean no matter what i do pretty much and i know thats not normal for a protege.

the best way to test the maf is to unplug it and see if it runs any different if not then it is the maf if not then it is something else.

What was that if its not its not if its not it is can you explain that to me I am alittle stoned right now

lol wtf did he say..anyways I ordered a new o2 sensor like last week from Ken..I hope to get it this week and see an improvement.

I'm having similar problems with my 1.6L. Let me know how yours works out. I'm thinking it's something electrical but I can't pin it down yet. Might just have to go get a full diagnostic on it to find out what's up. I guess after 113,000 miles things do get worn out.

I've been having a problem after I put some spark plug non foulers on my oxygen sensors. I took them off and reset my ECU but i still have a horrible idle that stays around 200 rpms. The engine has been knocking and getting worse at idle speeds. But in the higher range its fine. Is there a way to temporarily set the ECU to a default mode where it runs rich or quickly reset my air/fuel mixture?

Back