Ice on interior of car???

Rayne3

:
2007 Mazda 3i Touring
I live in Michigan. This morning I got up and it was 20 degrees. I brushed off the front windshield of my 2007 Mazda 3 ... light snow, nothing else. Scraped the *slight* coating of frost on the driver's side OUTSIDE windows.

Got in ... and noticed the driver's side of the windshield was coated in ice on the INSIDE (picture attached - it was 0630 am, so it's still kind of dark outside). This was after about 10 minutes of the defroster, it was STILL THERE. I ended up putting a towel down on the dash and scraping the inside with my scraper. I checked the other windows, there was nothing. Opened the sunshade on the moonroof and there was a splintery pattern of this ice all over the inside of the moonroof. All windows and moonroof were completely closed.

Now, a little background on this vehicle. I bought it brand new with 3 miles on it in January of 2007. It currently has just over 38,000 miles on it. In December of 2007, a tree fell on it and my insurance company paid to repair it. Just over $12,000 worth of damage ... but whatever. The collision shop recommended by the insurance not only did a shoddy job, they also damaged the exterior paint and a few interior panels of my car. Anyway, I noticed the moonroof was still leaking in May of 2008. In June of 2008, it went back, this time to the dealership (which was quite far away, since I had moved since then) to fix the damage that was done to it and repair a few of their repairs that hadn't held up well (which included repairs to both the windshield and moonroof moldings).

This is the first instance of Michigan cold my car has seen since the final repairs in June.

In the process, I switched car insurances, not being happy with the service I received with my claim.

So ... I don't know what to do from here.

Attachments

• ice_car_1.jpg
    ice_car_1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 264
im not sure if you can do anything legally, like take the ins company to court. I would be pissed! you pay to expect them to fix the damage and they obviously didnt. i would talk to a lawyer and see what you can do.

My guess would be condensation on the inside of the windshield that got frozen. I sometime see condensation on the inside of my windshield if it is raining and I park outside for a couple of hours in winter.

I don't think it's the insurance as much as the body shop, and there should be some sort of warrenty for the work they did.

Back