I went to the dragstrip today..

SharkDiver

:
Speed3
Hey all,
I went to US 41 dragway in Indiana today and ran my MS3 for the first time.This was my first time racing on a dragstrip and it was a blast.I will post my slips when I get my scanner working soon.To start off there was some fun cars for me to race there today.There was 3 NSRT-4s 2 of them where stage 2 and 1 was a stage 1,I raced them all and won.I raced a 04 mustange Mach 1 with a intake and beat him by over a car length,This was not my brothers mach1 that I will be racing soon but some guy who showed up.That was great because as some of you may know the only reason I was at the track was to practise because my brother has been giving me crap about how he can stomp me in his 04 mach1.Him and I will be racing at this same track on the 24Th.I also raced a F body with what looked to be alot of bolt ons,He had me untill the last streatch of track where I caught up and passed.I raced a 05-07 style mustang with unknown mods and beat him.
Im pretty happy with my first day out,I didnt break anything and ran what I thought I was going to run.I thought I was going to be in the mid 13s and that is what I did.My reaction time needs some work but on one of my last runs I got a .18XX reaction so that is good for me but most of the time I was in the .33XX reaction times.I will start taking off when the 2nd yellow light goes out from now on.Here is my #s from my best run of 13.6281

Reaction---.3398
2.2332-----60'
8.9443-----1/8
83.64-------1/8 mph
11.4902----1000'
13.6281----1/4
106.91------mph

My 60' time sucked and had a bad reaction on this run so I know I can do better with practise..All in all Im happy for now with this.Also I running AP S2 msf v1.02 mscai map with 20psi in my front tires.I went down the strip 7 times and raced someone 5 times and won all 5,I know the 2 stangs thought they had me but my MS3 had something to say about that.I love taking down V8s because there face is priceless the first time they loose to me on the street and on the strip today.

Thats it for now....

Shark

Where do you live, I live in Il and I was kind of looking for a dragstrip somewhere but not too sure if there is anything around here.

Hey all.
My internet has been down but I wll try to get the slips up today.I live in Valparaiso in NW Indiana and the track is in morocco Indiana.You can check out there site here http://www.us41dragway.com/

On Sundays they have test and tune from 10am-4pm and it costs $25 for unlimited runs.Anyways thanks for the replays and Im know I need to get my 60' times better and my reaction time better.I think I will have much better reaction times next week becaue now I know I need to take off right when the 2nd yellows goes out.Im going to take off slower to keep my wheel spin down and see how that goes.All the spin in 1st and 2nd is killing me Im sure.When I go next time I will have someone there to video tape it so I will have some videos for you guys to check out.If any of you want to go there we will be there on august 24th at about 10am so try and make it for those of you that are in the area.

Thats all for now..

Shark

OK, Here are 2 of my best slips.The best run slip is the race again a F body with unknown mods and alot of stickers.

Shark

Attachments

• dragstrip.pdf
    152.6 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Dang that's awesome! You have a lot of expensive mods though. I bet you could do much better.

Ya,Im hoping I will get some better times on the 24th.im going to try and take off slower and not spin the tires as much.Some people were saying the track was not good that day so I hope they were right and it will be better next time.The temps were in the 80s and they had alot of rain the night before if that makes any diffrence.

Back