I want my rims back!

D

<DooMer_Work>

Is anybody else out there with winter wheels getting a bit sick of those ugly black things? At first I didn't mind it, but now I just want my MP3 rims back on! I don't know how much past the beginning of March I'll be able to last!

Chris

I just put winter tires on yesterday. I couldn't bear to put on steelies though, I put on 16" Konig Traffiks in White.

I'll tell you what though, snow issues aside, I miss the Dunlops!

Spring needs to get here quicker.

Yeah I am really missing my beautiful tires/rims.

Interesting note tho...there is a place here that does hand washing/cleaning of the car and even with my ugly winter tires I constantly get compliments on the car every time I go. :D

oh my god I miss them!!! Although, if you want to make the steelies look a tad better (brace yourself now; you might all kill me) stop by the local Kmart...happened upon a set of wheel covers that actually don't look that bad...its a 5 spoke *alloy* look plastic piece... the set of 4 cost 12 bucks and I figured what the hell, I'll give them a try and if they suck, they get the trash...immediately after putting them on, the car looked MUCH better and people who had seen the black steelies on there said that it was a big improvement, looks wise.
now performance wise, I can;t wait to get them off...once you hit 80 or so on those things they kind of suck, not to mention corners and what not...I can't wait till spring...

I want them back too. But the first day I had the black steelies on a guy at work told me to go to KMart and buy covers. He stopped by and told me they looked much better the next day.

Plus my Michelin Arctic Alpins are noisy!!

Tim

tim, that's strange, my Arctic Alpins are actually much much more quiet than the Dunlops, and obviously smoother though less responsive...

My artic alpins are loud as all hell and handle like tank treads... my rims are actually fairly nice for winter tires... sport edition valore's....

When you hit the gas you can hear them squish. They kick ass in the snow. To bad we haven't got that much snow.

Tim

does anyone know what kind of mileage we can expect to get out of the Arctic Alpins?

I got some hub caps that look like the Racing Hart Rims. Much better then all black.

I have Yokahama's on mine. They are loud too.

yea im def. missin them, im still rockin the black steal. i was thinkin of hubs but thats just to corny. my car rides way smoother and quieter with my snow tires on. but over a 100 it start to shake :D im tryin to keep the speed down. When i had my car in deep snow in vermont i count even make my tail slide out. theses tires kick ass in the snow!

I miss my rims (i complain about it every day). But I just rock the black steelies. This way, people know that with a car like that I MUST have good rims in the summer. If I put the hubs on, they'll assume I'm a ricer.

I got my rims from mazda and they look nice the are 16 and are some weird brand. I still cant wait for my Racing harts!!!

Yeah, I'm having some major withdrawals for my rims. I've got 2 new ones coming to me now as well since the dealership beat up two when they took them off last.

I do have some hubs on her now. Don't look anywhere near as bad as the steelies did. And around here everyone has hubs in the winter.

I usually get a wheel alignment every spring when the summers go on. Killer is, I don't want some jackass scratching them up again. Is there any point to getting an alignment while the winters are on, and then switching to summers? Or does that defeat the purpose?

You guys are lucky. Our winters don't really end until April-May. My rims won't even be on until almost June. Too much sand and s*** on the road until then :(

I like my Arctic Alpines, it is just that I was too cheap to dish out 200 extra for the rims and now I have the honeycomb cover.....not too good looking, but hey i havent crashed yet in the chicago snow!! the funny thing is the people at my school........absolute retards. They came up to me the first day I changed them and asked, "what did you do to your tires" and "I thought you changed them on purpose".....I told them to go look at the treads and if they couldnt figure it out they should stop dressing up thier little civics with stickers! hah

Well, here we are again. Middle of February, ugly-ass steel rims. I don't know if I can go much longer :(. I can't wait until April. AND I get to put on my Spool springs to sport a 2" drop this time. Yummy. :D

Chris

I CANT WAIT TILL MID MARCH AND A NICE BIG RAIN SHOWER TO WASH ALL THE SALT OFF THE TERRIBLE MICHIGAN ROADS, THEN I WILL PUT THE RH BACK ON

Yeah, thank god that the longest month is almost over....my steelies make me feel sad:( I'm tired of people telling me, "Man your car would look super sweet with some nice rims and low profile tires....what don't you invest in some":rolleyes:

Back