I think we should....

This, pretty much. Waving was a pretty common thing when I owned a Subaru, but other Mazda2's don't even give you the time of day. :(
i never see you even though you

A) live across the street from my GF
B) live like 5mins away from me

id wave if i saw you. well i did honk like a madman when i saw you pulling into the gas station lol

theres a white 2 that flashes its brights at me. kinda weird cuz its a old dude.

Yea.. i have noticed that there isn't really an abundance of cute young female 2 drivers. Mostly middle-older aged men and women in base GX models...

*sigh*

I'll wave at you all if I see you.

well i am 22 years old and fairly cute hahahaha ill wave at any mazda 2 i pass!

Actually the only green mazda 2 I've seen in my area is driven by a sorority girl. I drove by her once and she wasn't even paying attention.

2 moderately cute 20-24 year old girls I saw in a white one and a red one here locally in the morning commute. Im 32 so I guess im a dirty old man now...I knew I would be as age was imminent.

I pulled up beside another black touring the other day and it was a college girl. I stayed beside her for like 5 seconds but she didn't notice my car..

I always wave at other 2s - especially ones in colors I still often wish I had bought (green, red and blue) or if they have non-stock anything on the car, and get the same reactions. A look of: Why are you waving at me, I don't know you. And no recognition of Mazda 2 love at all. Yep.

You'd certainly think the hoodscoop would help, but my '00 forester had JDM hood, grill, and fenders from the turbo version (since mine had an EJ20T swap and utilized the stock TMIC) and still nothing.

I find the forester/lesbian thing funny though. Not sure how these things get started.
Daang, that Forester sounds sweet! When I get a garage and a comfortable place to work on my back, I've been thinking about something like a fozzy with a swap, seems like it'd be a lot of fun. But the Lesbian thing got started because it's because it's true... Share the love, man!

i never see you even though you

A) live across the street from my GF
B) live like 5mins away from me

id wave if i saw you. well i did honk like a madman when i saw you pulling into the gas station lol

Across the street, or down the road? Because if so, my old apartment was literally across the street. :p

Anyway, I've been seeing 2's a lot more regularly than I did especially a year ago. Surprisingly, more Sport models than touring! I see a green, blue and white 2 at school weekly. I also live across the street from a green touring. Today in traffic I pulled up behind a silver sport, and a lady was laughing and awkwardly smiling at us because "omglolz those cars are clones!!1" or something. But the drivers I see them are all the same, either real young kids and this is their first car, or middle-aged women who this is probably their 'a-to-b' car. However, on a refreshing note, the 'mazda2' tag on tumblr brings up a small number of younger adult-aged girls driving mazda2s. 8)

I see a lot of snarky looking, professional-type middle aged women in RX-8s though. Why is that?

Word to the unwed guys out there....Dont make the mistake of marrying one thats smart like I did...it makes life a lot harder.

you should say that to me 8 ears ago, now is to late. lol

i try to wave or tumbs up or anything to proteges 5 and nothing, its not only with the 2's, i found the protege5 used for old people here in miami and i dont like it...(ricer)

Last edited:
Every time I see a Mazda 2 on the road I look over to see if the driver will acknowledge my Mazda 2 thumbs up but it never happens. haha

Most Mazda 2 owners won't give a crap. To them it's probably a point A to point B kinda deal. The people on this forum are a rare breed.

Exactly... the car is primarily purchased as a gas sipper for peope who don't wanna spend $10k more for a Prius. The few of us on here are just the ones that appreciate the Mazda lineage.

I haven't seen any 2s on the road yet while I've been in mine, but I would definitely wave if I saw one, provided that one of my hands wasn't busy with the transmission. :p

When me and my brother are in his 3 we always wave to other 3 drivers. I think we just end up scaring people. After passing a couple hundred of them, we've never gotten a single wave back. :(

Back