I need some feedback

butchblack

:
Mazda Protege5
Hi

I'm looking for a little feedback from some of the mechanics on the site. I just had my front (warm up?) cat replaced. They also replaced both of the O2 sensors at the same time. All parts were OEM. I've heard that aftermarket cats are often poor quality and in reading an O2 thread it seems the same with aftermarket O2 sensors. My question is do you normally replace the O2 sensors when you replace the cat? The sense I'm getting is that they went and did the job correctly and the price, while high, was probably fair (@$1400). Added facts, the car has 120K on it and I was driving with the bad cat for about 10 months, 10K and I need to get the car past inspection. Any feed back appreciated.

(band)
Thanks

1400 bux?!? my god...

Onlinemazdaparts.com

Front Cat: 650
Front O2: 120
Rear O2: 124
Total: 894

Which means they charged you somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 bux for labor...my god man You couldve done it yourself much cheaper.

However, it doesnt seem too bad for having someone else do it for you.

Next time i suggest online parts from one of the lovely site vendors and seeing if anyone in your area is up for helpin out if you're not comfortable doing it yourself. Just throw in beer and pizza and im sure anyone will help out.

1400 bux?!? my god...

Onlinemazdaparts.com

Front Cat: 650
Front O2: 120
Rear O2: 124
Total: 894

Which means they charged you somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 bux for labor...my god man You couldve done it yourself much cheaper.

However, it doesnt seem too bad for having someone else do it for you.

Next time i suggest online parts from one of the lovely site vendors and seeing if anyone in your area is up for helpin out if you're not comfortable doing it yourself. Just throw in beer and pizza and im sure anyone will help out.

your not taking into account markup on the parts (and tax)

Onlinemazdaparts sells parts to us at list, usually 20-30% cheaper than what you would pay at the dealership. A body shop will pays a little bit more than the dealership pays for the part, and can either give their customer the list price, or mark it up further for more profit. It varies b/w the shop and dealership.

Some dealerships have slightly different prices than other dealerships as well, because they are independent from each other, as well as mazda.

your not taking into account markup on the parts (and tax)

Onlinemazdaparts sells parts to us at list, usually 20-30% cheaper than what you would pay at the dealership. A body shop will pays a little bit more than the dealership pays for the part, and can either give their customer the list price, or mark it up further for more profit. It varies b/w the shop and dealership.

Some dealerships have slightly different prices than other dealerships as well, because they are independent from each other, as well as mazda.

Just saying if you're worried about price or want to know what it could have costed

Back