i hate cars...

:
2k2 Pro 5
Soo... been rebuilding my protege5 after a spun bearing... Bought a motor from a junkyard with roughly 65k on it. Dropped it in and decided to go the whole 9 and make it a 5spd. So i dropped in an MSP 5spd Tranny. Got it all hooked up and put my water cooled turbo on and the car ran fine for two days the poof white smoke. The only CEL code i had was a bad O2 sensor so we read up on the gaskets for water cooled turbos and it looks like the gaskets go bad if there is any coolant left in the turbo for a period of time. Soo... bought a new turbo, new turbo manifold, wastegate, 3" turbo back exhaust, intercooler piping and bov. Put it all in... drove it for a couple days and poof... more white smoke and now with an erradic idle. Damn headgasket... Called the place i bought the motor from in Oct and their response was "Should have put it in sooner... Your warranty was only 90 days."

Time to decide... ditch the money pit or keep going... what do you guys think? Start up another zoom zoom boom F/S or drop more money on it.

If it's just the headgasket, don't ditch it over that. It's not too serious. You could replace that and be off and running.

thanks guys for the feed back. It just sucks... I'm already in over $6,000 since October. Well, time to order the Head Gasket set.

Back