I am in the market for a Big Brake Kit

WShade

Contributor
:
'05 Subaru WRX - Red
I am now in the market for a big brake kit (rotors and clipers). Has anyone else purchased one? I know there are a few kits out there for the front and only one kit which replaces all four, but I need testimonials. And, I do not want to lose my emergency brake. When we change the rear calipers on the Vette's to Alcon you lose the emergency brake:cool:

Last edited:
I've heard rumors that the Mazda 6 brakes wlil fit our cars. Care to look into that?

The only person I know of that has changes all four is Cagiva1 and I think he only changed his rear discs to DBA rotors. They do look nice though. He got them from Precision Brakes Company and I believe Rishie is a distributor for them. Sorry for repeating this information if you already konw about it. Just trying to help out when I can.

if you're going to replace the calipers, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know the size in mm of the stock pistons - front and back....or does anyone know this? when money permits i will be upgradig brakes front and rear and would like to keep the piston sizes in proportion to that all i need to do is upgrade the master cylinder and i have the same feel but much better brakes.

in relation to changing the brakes, i have had them measured up and the stock 16" wheel on the P5 fits 304mm x 28mm discs with either the stock caliper or AP Racing 4 piston calipers.

just a word of advice if you upgrade the brakes, get radial mount calipers - more rigid than lug mount calipers

later

i know ion performance offers front and back big brake kit. it runs around 1700$. I dont think anyone on here has installed it yet. Most companies only offer front bbk.

Back